Ear infection

Pete

Repete
rack'm said:
I hope little man feels better soon.
Thanks

We were at Catt and Otters for the post golf bash and he does the "Dad my ear hurts" Then a few minutes later "Dad my ear really hurts" So we leave and head home, on the way he does the :bawl: My ear really really hurts. Stop at the Walmart in PF (which is not for the faint of heart) get some motrin, then call the ped from the cell on RT 4 who says is he is tearing up from the pain take him in. So off we go straight from PF to ST Marys. Just sat down after tucking him in.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
Damn! He just got back! Did he get swimmer's ear while he was gone?

Poor lil' guy :frown:
Ah yup, water park in Williamsburg, VA Thursday. gotta figure 30,000 people dragging their nasty butts through water without enough chlorine.

G

geminigrl

Pete said:
Ah yup, water park in Williamsburg, VA Thursday. gotta figure 30,000 people dragging their nasty butts through water without enough chlorine.
Have you ever tried Sweet Oil?

G

geminigrl

Pete said:
No, actually never seen it. My grandma used to talk about it but never used it.
I've used it myself when I had ear infections, and I've used it on the kids, works wonders. Wouldn't hurt to try.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Swimmers ear is the worst thing ever!! I remember getting it one summer when I was about 7 or 8 and I haven't I haven't submerged my ears since. :bawl: Poor little guy. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
Hope Boy feels better tomorrow.
:yeahthat: Like I told you tonight, the one and only I had several years ago was nasty. It's horrible and very painful. I hope the medicine kicks in quick. :huggy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
aww man pete. Hope boy feels better soon. If it aches him, try a warm wash cloth (of course squeezed as dry as possible) and use it as a compress on his ear. I am the champion of ear infections, swimmers ear, etc. Had to have tubes (4 times) and all that grand stuff. Try the hot compress if he complains of pain or popping. The popping is sometimes the worst.. because that pressure can be brutal when popping. Good luck for a speedy recovery.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
geminigrl said:
Have you ever tried Sweet Oil?
:yeahthat: Warmed slightly (body temperature) and a cotton ball. Beats dealing with an emergency room. Hope Lil' Pete is back to normal soon.

snuzzy

Lamb's wool in the ear while swimming is a cheap, easy way to prevent swimmer's ear, hydrogen peroxide in the ear was a recommendation from our doctor. Keep the Motrin going to keep the pain at bay until the antibiotic "kicks in". Good luck!