Ebola patient moving to Md.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
WASHINGTON - One of the two nurses who contracted Ebola in Dallas will be moved to Maryland, NBC News reports.

A source tells NBC Nina Pham's transfer to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland could occur Thursday.

Read more: http://www.wtop.com/41/3723559/Ebola-patient-moving-to-Md#ixzz3GK8VqQ2M

I am glad she seems to be doing better, and pray for her full recovery. Isn't NIH one of just five or six hospitals supposedly equipped for this type of infectious virus?

luvmygdaughters

WASHINGTON - One of the two nurses who contracted Ebola in Dallas will be moved to Maryland, NBC News reports.

A source tells NBC Nina Pham's transfer to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland could occur Thursday.

Read more: http://www.wtop.com/41/3723559/Ebola-patient-moving-to-Md#ixzz3GK8VqQ2M

Hmmm...why don't they fly her in on Air Force One, since our president doesn't seem to think there a potential for an outbreak to occur in this country!

Toxick

Splat
I, for one, think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

What could possibly go wrong? Why don't we bring everyone in West Africa who currently has this disease and bring them here. After all, it's pretty close to impossible to catch....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I, for one, think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

What could possibly go wrong? Why don't we bring everyone in West Africa who currently has this disease and bring them here. After all, it's pretty close to impossible to catch....

....and one certainly does not want to damage the thriving, pulsating economy of that sun-soaked tourist destination......

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/1...-would-hurt-w-african-economy/?utm_term=#tcot

CDC moron just cannot get it that a ban on people leaving that area on aircraft or ships has nothing to do with aid, supplies, $$$, and workers getting into the region to help. Just shut outgoing human traffic down.

Midnightrider

....and one certainly does not want to damage the thriving, pulsating economy of that sun-soaked tourist destination......

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/1...-would-hurt-w-african-economy/?utm_term=#tcot

CDC moron just cannot get it that a ban on people leaving that area on aircraft or ships has nothing to do with aid, supplies, $$$, and workers getting into the region to help. Just shut outgoing human traffic down.

everything i have read/heard says that will increase the spread throughout africa and would actually make it harder to contain. There are no passenger lists when people are walking or driving.

I think the biggest mistake we make as a country was to bring back americans with ebola and treat them here. Now anyone who gets it and has the means (and even the least bit of sense) is going to try to get to america when they can be cured.

GregV814

we must bring this terminal disease to Murlin, the San Fransisco of the East so Obammer can hug her and make a photo-op...to show his compassion...of course

calamity jane

I would love to hear the CDC head explain how the economy of any African country could be more important than the safety of US citizens. He didn't answer the question during testimony about where he got the idea.

calamity jane

I think the handling, so far, of this issue has been reckless and incompetent by the gov. They have put the safety and welfare of the American public second to political agendas. The airport screening for temperature clearly won't work 100%, as evidenced by the first patient who had no fever.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
everything i have read/heard says that will increase the spread throughout africa and would actually make it harder to contain. There are no passenger lists when people are walking or driving.

I think the biggest mistake we make as a country was to bring back americans with ebola and treat them here. Now anyone who gets it and has the means (and even the least bit of sense) is going to try to get to america when they can be cured.

So what? Are you more concerned with that part of the world than here? If you have to shut down/lock down, if you will, an entire region of W Africa to contain it (land, sea, and air), then try to beat it back, so be it. It will do the rest of the world no good at all if it spreads more into the west. That would only result in resources and money that would have been sent to W Africa to now remain at home for the fight here or wherever.

That is a no-win situation all around.

There is a good chance to stop it here cold with as little damage as possible, but that will not happen by letting more lying, knowingly infectious people out of their hell hole to just create another hell hole elsewhere.

Harsh, cold statement, but truth.

glhs837

Power with Control
"If you like your Ebola, you can keep your Ebola!"

"If I had hemmoragic fever, it would look a lot like Ebola"

PJay

Our ebola, Obama, needs to host an Ebola Summit at the WH, with live ebola carriers around the table and sharing a beer with him.

Halloween would be perfect. Call it the Zombie Mash.

:singing: They did the Mash..they did the Zombie Mash..the Zombie Mash..it was a graveyard Blast....etc, etc.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

So what? Are you more concerned with that part of the world than here? If you have to shut down/lock down, if you will, an entire region of W Africa to contain it (land, sea, and air), then try to beat it back, so be it. It will do the rest of the world no good at all if it spreads more into the west. That would only result in resources and money that would have been sent to W Africa to now remain at home for the fight here or wherever.

That is a no-win situation all around.

There is a good chance to stop it here cold with as little damage as possible, but that will not happen by letting more lying, knowingly infectious people out of their hell hole to just create another hell hole elsewhere.

Harsh, cold statement, but truth.

what you dont understand is that when it spreads through the rest of africa its also going to get worse over here. people are already flying here through other countries already, that is just going to get worse as people have to make various connections to leave. we will have no way to know where they came from.

but i am sure a ban on flights from africa will make you 'feel' better :bigwhoop: