Economy weakest in 3 years

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Mikeinsmd said:
It's not down Bustem. It's up and growing. Read your quote.... it said:

I highlighted the key words. What the quote says is that the rate in which the economy is GROWING slowed by 1% in one quarter. It has been growing for the last 4-6 years.
Yeah, I phrased my question wrong. Really I was curious why growth was so slow with a booming dow.

And consider your source.... CNN. Liberal spin doctors.
I saw this on more than CNN, I just picked it because I happened to be on that site.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
:roflmao:

There's is nothing that makes me absolutely HOOT with mirth than when the news dudes try to convince us that the economy is bad because it's not growing at the rate it did in a previous month. It's still growing, isn't it?

DUH!!!! :jameo: :jameo: :killingme

So if we have a record growth month, but the next month doesn't beat the record, does that mean the economy went down?

Mikeinsmd

Bustem' Down said:
Yeah, I phrased my question wrong. Really I was curious why growth was so slow with a booming dow.
I saw this on more than CNN, I just picked it because I happened to be on that site.
I think you know but still wanna clarify that my "stupid" comment wasn't directed at you. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
I'm sure you saw it on MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, The Wash Post, the New York Times.......

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Mikeinsmd said:
I think you know but still wanna clarify that my "stupid" comment wasn't directed at you. :yay:
I didn't, but on the subject of economics I actually am. I'm better at grammar and spelling if that tells you anything. :lmao:

pingrr

LordStanley said:
:bs:

The prices change because the ingredients in the fuel changes in the winter

"Summer gasoline is given a lower volatility to avoid vapor lock and minimize evaporative losses. Winter gasoline (both conventional and oxygenated) is given a higher volatility to facilitate starting and warmup. The compositional changes required for the shift from summer gasoline to winter gasoline decrease the gasoline's energy content."

The price of winter gas and summer gas is probably almost the same.

Gas is in higher demand in the summer. People do a lot more traveling in the summer than the winter. Demand for gas is at the highest point during the summer. When demand rises so does the price.

Last edited:

dck4shrt

vraiblonde said:

There's is nothing that makes me absolutely HOOT with mirth than when the news dudes try to convince us that the economy is bad because it's not growing at the rate it did in a previous month. It's still growing, isn't it?

DUH!!!! :jameo: :jameo: :killingme

So if we have a record growth month, but the next month doesn't beat the record, does that mean the economy went down?

Growth is growth. But it is more about how the real numbers line up with expectations. If the predictions show that the economy is booming, the market will digest that information accordingly. If the actual number is .95 X booming then the market will have to readjust its bearings and track downward (at least temporarily).

If you watch cnbc on a day when a number like GDP is coming out they'll say consensus is that it's 2.2%. Well, if the number comes in at 1.5% the market will correct to that new figure. Same thing for corporate earnings, if you are expected to make .50 cents a share, and you only make .45 cents a share, well it's good and all that you still had a profit, but the market is gonna beat you into the ground for missing their expectations.

Mikeinsmd

pingrr said:
Gas prices are plummeting due to it being winter. Gas prices always go down in the winter and rise in the summer. There is less demand for gas in the winter. That's why they are dropping now.
pingrr said:
:killingme Which is it mensa man?? Lemme guess.... you did a door to door poll didn't ya?? :killingme

LordStanley

I know nothing
pingrr said:

Gas is in higher demand in the summer. People do a lot more traveling in the summer than the winter. Demand for gas is at the highest point during the summer. When demand rises so does the price.

"Probably" is not supported by Fact.... support your argument.

When it comes to gas prices .30 cents makes a big difference.......

pingrr

Mikeinsmd said:

I highlighted the key words. What the quote says is that the rate in which the economy is GROWING slowed by 1% in one quarter. It has been growing for the last 4-6 years.

Pingrr and punjagrl are dolts who don't have a clue.

And consider your source.... CNN. Liberal spin doctors.

You sir are the dolt. I never said the economy was going down. I only stated that high oil prices are not good for the economy and that they drive inflation.

pingrr

LordStanley said:
"Probably" is not supported by Fact.... support your argument.

When it comes to gas prices .30 cents makes a big difference.......

you never suplied any facts that one gas mixture is more expensive than the other. Your argument is no more valid than mine.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/gas-price.htm

that article hase no mention of winter/summer fuel mixtures but it does mention supply/demand

Last edited:

Mikeinsmd

pingrr said:
You sir are the dolt. I never said the economy was going down. I only stated that high oil prices are not good for the economy and that they drive inflation.
Ok Pingpong, pay attention. I didn't comment on what you said, I merely stated the obvious; that you are a dolt.

You said a lot more than: "high oil prices are not good for the economy and that they drive inflation". Go back and read what you wrote. :smack: :biggrin:

LordStanley is correct that additives are added. It's common knowlege. Try to focus on what's happening around you.

dustin

UAIOE
Here's how I look at it.

How can I help our economy?

And the only three things I can gather is to not buy Chinese imports and Citgo gas and to vote.

Other than I cant' do anything. So why even think about it something I can't control?

Now the amount of Mt Dew I indulge myself in...that I can control. And the amount of pancakes I'm going to eat tonight...that I can control. And how many lights I leave on in the house...how long I take a shower...counting to ten so I don't pull the idiot at the drive thru out from behind their sliding window....those I can control.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
dustin said:
Here's how I look at it.

How can I help our economy?

And the only three things I can gather is to not buy Chinese imports and Citgo gas and to vote.

Other than I cant' do anything. So why even think about it something I can't control?

Now the amount of Mt Dew I indulge myself in...that I can control. And the amount of pancakes I'm going to eat tonight...that I can control. And how many lights I leave on in the house...how long I take a shower...counting to ten so I don't pull the idiot at the drive thru out from behind their sliding window....those I can control.

Actually not buying citgo gas to help the American economy and hurt Venezuela is a myth.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bustem' Down said:
Actually not buying citgo gas to help the American economy and hurt Venezuela is a myth.
It can have a small effect on Citgo receiving Franchise fees, so it isn't completely worthless. You are correct it has no effect on their actual fuel sales.

It's just a token effort, but I'll continue, since the Calvert Citgo stations are also owned by Gott. Two arrogant ignorant dictators with one stone.

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
It can have a small effect on Citgo receiving Franchise fees, so it isn't completely worthless. You are correct it has no effect on their actual fuel sales.

It's just a token effort, but I'll continue, since the Calvert Citgo stations are also owned by Gott. Two arrogant ignorant dictators with one stone.
Economy weakest in 3 ye... 10-27-2006 08:24 PM Eat #### Azzwipe

:killingme :lmao: I guess Gott is a member here! :killingme :lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bustem' Down said:
No kidding, because it wasn't me and I'm the one you quoted! :lol:
:yay: I knew it wasn't you. I think we've both always signed karma to each other, no matter what color.