Election Judge

lamarinc

I was very excited in my newly retired position to apply for a position as an election judge - which I did....I never heard a word back or any type of acknowledgement. I was surprised that the application addressed the opportunity to serve with friends or families....so, I am assuming that there must be a "glass ceiling" that restricts "outsiders???" from participating. I would love to know that I am wrong - but at the same time, I was a bit surprised that I wasn't even given the courtesy of a "thanks but no thanks". Was hoping some one could shed some light on this.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was very excited in my newly retired position to apply for a position as an election judge - which I did....I never heard a word back or any type of acknowledgement. I was surprised that the application addressed the opportunity to serve with friends or families....so, I am assuming that there must be a "glass ceiling" that restricts "outsiders???" from participating. I would love to know that I am wrong - but at the same time, I was a bit surprised that I wasn't even given the courtesy of a "thanks but no thanks". Was hoping some one could shed some light on this.

Have you called the Elections Office to check on the status of your app?

mamatutu

mama to two
I was an election judge for a two years...I think somehow your app got lost in the shuffle...I agree with awpitt...you should call...I hope you get to do it...it is fun. I live in Calvert...I do know most of the people I was with had been elec judges for years and weren't giving it up..it could be that there isn't an opening right now. Also, when I couldn't do it anymore, as in, got a job...my neighbor wanted me to recommend her son...he did get the spot...it's all rigged...just kidding...but what about the voting machines?:wink:

Last edited:

Gigi22

Please call the election office in Leonardtown. Talk with the ladies.. I was a election judge for over 20 years (retired after last presidential election) they are always in need of judges.. They welcome anyone who wishes to help...