Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on December 19

This_person

Well, even if viewed conceptually rather than realistically, it is STILL not the same thing. Try again?

I'm not sure what your issue is. For one, we said, "yeah, this person is going to not vote the way they're supposed to vote! We're happy because they won't vote for Hillary!!" For the other, the implicit issue is, "hey, this sucks, these people might not vote the way they're supposed to vote! We're putting on frownie faces because now they're saying they WILL (should) vote for Hillary!! Boo!! Hiss!!"

See, it's conceptually the same thing, because the concept is not voting for whom you are supposed to vote. It's an issue because if it was AGAINST Hillary, we were ok, but if it is FOR Hillary, it's seemingly not ok.

I'm not sure how to spell it out any more clearly for you.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I believe if this happened it could touch off a civil uprising much worse than blocking a highway.

and Justifiably so.

But then we don't have to worry the electors are not insane as are those who propose such an act.

No, because the Senate has to certify the vote after the fact.. and with a Republican Majority how do you think that would work out??

It's an act of pure futility.. even if the electors vote for Hillary the Senate will overturn it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
No, because the Senate has to certify the vote after the fact.. and with a Republican Majority how do you think that would work out??

It's an act of pure futility.. even if the electors vote for Hillary the Senate will overturn it.

National Archives. . . . said:
January 6, 2017

The Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes. Congress may pass a law to change this date.

The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the Electoral College vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.
https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/key-dates.html

Earlier it was said the House "certifies" the vote. Looks like it's a joint session with the newly elected members seated.

If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.

This_person

I'm not sure what your issue is. For one, we said, "yeah, this person is going to not vote the way they're supposed to vote! We're happy because they won't vote for Hillary!!" For the other, the implicit issue is, "hey, this sucks, these people might not vote the way they're supposed to vote! We're putting on frownie faces because now they're saying they WILL (should) vote for Hillary!! Boo!! Hiss!!"

See, it's conceptually the same thing, because the concept is not voting for whom you are supposed to vote. It's an issue because if it was AGAINST Hillary, we were ok, but if it is FOR Hillary, it's seemingly not ok.

I'm not sure how to spell it out any more clearly for you.

If you're able to articulate your issue, perhaps I can help you.