Electric Car News

phreddyp

I'm no sure how you make a connection between the two. I think at two quarters your horizon is a bit short.
For the record I am talking about the second and third quarters, I don't think the 1st quarter will reflect all of the news being delivered so far this year, but I do think the 1st quarter will reflect some of it.

glhs837

Power with Control
For the record I am talking about the second and third quarters, I don't think the 1st quarter will reflect all of the news being delivered so far this year, but I do think the 1st quarter will reflect some of it.

We will see come early October then.

Why spend so much time quibbling about guard rails? What about concrete parking garages designed to hold the overall rate of standard vehicles which will be subject to a tremendous increase compounded weight once we are all forced to drink the battery acid koolaid?

Ditto bridges across the US that are already receiving failing grades?

glhs837

Power with Control
Why spend so much time quibbling about guard rails? What about concrete parking garages designed to hold the overall rate of standard vehicles which will be subject to a tremendous increase compounded weight once we are all forced to drink the battery acid koolaid?

The exact same thing applies to parking garages and bridges. America loves them some SUVs and trucks. Which weigh more or the same than the average EV. If you compare the VX ID.4 to the Explorer, you see that the ID.4 weighs a bit less.

So if the garages cant take the weight, I suggest not allowing OEMs to get incentives for hybridizing existing heavy platforms. The Jeep 4xe models weight considerably more than the gas versions, close to 1,000lbs more. And makes the heaviest of them heavier than anything Tesla sells outside the Cybertruck.

The exact same thing applies to parking garages and bridges. America loves them some SUVs and trucks. Which weigh more or the same than the average EV. If you compare the VX ID.4 to the Explorer, you see that the ID.4 weighs a bit less.

So if the garages cant take the weight, I suggest not allowing OEMs to get incentives for hybridizing existing heavy platforms. The Jeep 4xe models weight considerably more than the gas versions, close to 1,000lbs more. And makes the heaviest of them heavier than anything Tesla sells outside the Cybertruck.
You know very well the vast majority of vehicles are not the big honkers you keep grasping at. I am a fan of the ‘Engineering Disasters’ documenties and there are many documented cases of concrete structural failure due to inaccurate weight expectation calculations. Add into that old and crumbling infrastructure. Now instead of some heavier vehicles scattered about, all vehicles heavier than the original expected weight calculations.

glhs837

Power with Control
You know very well the vast majority of vehicles are not the big honkers you keep grasping at. I am a fan of the ‘Engineering Disasters’ documentaries and there are many documented cases of concrete structural failure due to inaccurate weight expectation calculations. Add into that old and crumbling infrastructure. Now instead of some heavier vehicles scattered about, all vehicles heavier than the original expected weight calculations.

"Vast majority"? Keep in mind that EVs made up less than 10% of all sales last year here in the states. And someone pointed out recently that EVS are a total of 1% of all vehicles currently on the road here in the US. Below are Explorer and the two most common full size pickups sales for the last eight years. If you think a few million EVs are the problem, you are not thinking clearly.

Now lets see about F-150s

How about Chevy 1500s?

PeoplesElbow

We do need some bridge upgrades, but EVs have zero impact on them considering commercial vehicles cross them and they are significantly heavier. Parking garages are already a problem due to trucks and SUVs. A few have collapsed in the last few years.

glhs837

Power with Control
1000010083.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
So, about legacy auto jumping in. Think I made this point a few times. Its not that EVs suck, its that makers who cant be bothered to really make the jump and half ass it cuz "We've built cars for 100 years, we don't need to learn anything" do just that, half ass it.

Ford hasn't done so bad, they have been much better at the quality, its price that's killing them.

Last edited:

phreddyp

So, about legacy auto jumping in. Think I made this point a few times. Its not that EVs suck, its that makers who cant be bothered to really make the jump and half ass is cuz "We've built cars for 100 years, we don't need to learn anything" do just that, half ass it.

Ford hasn't done so bad, they have been much better at the quality, its price that's killing them.
They are all taking a bath in the same dirty water. None of them are going to come out clean!

glhs837

Power with Control
So easy to keep those numbers down if you never initiate the recall and solve a problem.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Great Strategy.

I'm sure NHTSA would let that slide. :) Keep in mind, they required Tesla to do a recall for the font size for brake warnings on the screen, which issue was fixed OTA on all customer cars before the first customer received the mailed notice of recall. Remember, you issue recalls for defects. Fires caused by outside forces like crashes and debris in the road or some hack ass electrician miswiring your home charging port are not grounds for a recall.

So, what is the Tesla problem you think they need recalled for? Virtually all Tesla fires that are not the result of a high speed crash result in the owner walking away without a scratch. Nothing with stored energy is immune to fire. And gas vehicles catch on fire with far greater regularity, even corrected for quantity in service.

Salmon

Truth be told, not everybody needs their own vehicle. We should focus on building a better mass transportation system.