EPA head resigns

SamSpade

Pruitt blaming threats is a cop out. Guy had scandals out the wazoo and seemed another doozy was brewing. .

THIS is why I haven't chimed in on his resignation yet - it's clear that his timing coincides exactly with a nutjob harassing him in public - per Maxine and company -
but he does have some questionable financial problems.

On the other hand, having worked in government for a long time - some of them seem like oversight. I know we have had spending sprees in the past
for equipment we didn't need for the same reason lots of agencies do - the fiscal year is over, we haven't spent our allotment and if we don't, it will get CUT -
so we spend stuff on wish lists that we only marginally need, because we derive zero benefit from saving the government money. It stinks, but the fact is,
you ultimately get PUNISHED for saving money.

The most egregious of them appears to be the "phone booth" - which until I look into it further may well have been something that was wrongly authorized.
This does not appear to be scandalous in the sense that someone was doing something for personal gain - just that they overspent money.

So - I'm waiting and seeing how it plays out.

I don't think anyone should excuse harassing people peacefully eating their dinner, because you don't like their politics.
I'd like to think Americans are above that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think anyone should excuse harassing people peacefully eating their dinner, because you don't like their politics.

There it is..what it really all comes down to. Those on the left have no manners.

This_person

I’m not saying anything about Waters as a person or an example. I’m saying it’s not just right wingers getting threats. In fact since Election Day most of the violence has been from Trumpers (Charlottesville, Las Vegas shooting, etc.)

Ok, when you said that she didn't resign, I thought you were suggesting that death threats were not a good reason to resign, using her as an example of a good decision maker.

I'm not sure I would agree with you that "most of the violence has been from Trumpers", as we look at the shooter of the Congressional GOP baseball players, numerous death threats against the president and his family in very public ways, Milo Y shut down due to violent liberals at UC-Berkley, the improperly (and ironically) named ANTIFA group violence, Loretta Lynch calling for "blood and death in the streets", etc., etc. I could go on, but we know that there have been enormous numbers and actually following through with attacks on conservatives, called for by the media and celebrities, by liberals. Yes, there have been retaliation and (though rarely) first attacks on liberals, too. In my view, they are all wrong.

But, I would probably try and find someone more sympathetic and judged to be worthy of emulation than a complete idiot like Waters as an example of someone to follow (by saying she didn't quit, yet). it will be difficult, but you should try.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Apparently not these days.

Kind of amusing to think about things 35 years ago when many of these guys would have been discussing political issues with each other over dinner at Blackies.

Now it's a 24/7 meelee.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apparently not these days.

Kind of amusing to think about things 35 years ago when many of these guys would have been discussing political issues with each other over dinner at Blackies.

Now it's a 24/7 meelee.

I run an old club that was formed in 1931 by a group of Democrats as a place to get away from DC, hunt waterfowl, fish, play cards, drink whiskey, smoke cigars...and twist arms/work deals with the various guests from the opposition side that they invited to join them over any given weekend. That's how things got done.

Sadly..not any more..and not for a long time since.

PsyOps

Pixelated
THIS is why I haven't chimed in on his resignation yet - it's clear that his timing coincides exactly with a nutjob harassing him in public - per Maxine and company -
but he does have some questionable financial problems.

And the fact that he stated this was the reason for his resignation and that it has gotten so bad that Sanders needs SS protection.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I run an old club that was formed in 1931 by a group of Democrats as a place to get away from DC, hunt waterfowl, fish, play cards, drink whiskey, smoke cigars...and twist arms/work deals with the various guests from the opposition side that they invited to join them over any given weekend. That's how things got done.

Sadly..not any more..and not for a long time since.

Good Ol'Boy Network ... deals in cigar smoke filled, back rooms over Poker

Tell Rep. Scalise - I am sure he'd be happy to tell his team mates.

The Las Vegas shooter was a Trump supporter? News to me - and the investigators.

Charlottesville? Wasn't a fight - until Antifa showed up.

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-gunman-was-trump-supporter-happy-stock-market-701597

Antifa didn't kill anyone. NeoNazis, however, ran over a woman who was counter-protester, killing her, and sent a black counter-protester to the hospital. And probably a lot more as well but those are the two I could think of off the top of my head.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’m not saying anything about Waters as a person or an example. I’m saying it’s not just right wingers getting threats. In fact since Election Day most of the violence has been from Trumpers (Charlottesville, Las Vegas shooting, etc.)

You're full of ####.

There is no evidence that the white supremacist protesters in Charlottesville were motivated by Trump. In fact, their motivation was to stop the removal of a statue; which Trump had nothing to do with.

There is no evidence that Paddock was motivated by Trump or any other political stance to commit his murder. In fact, there still is no clear motive in his shooting.

Your claim that most of the violence has come from 'Trumpers' is a complete lie.

Chris0nllyn

But deals...nonetheless. Compare that to the dysfunctional mess we have now.

One could argue Congress not making deals and passing laws is a good thing, no?

One could also argue that no longer having a good ole' boy network where deals are made in smoke-filled cabins on an island in the Potomac is a good thing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One could argue Congress not making deals and passing laws is a good thing, no?

One could also argue that no longer having a good ole' boy network where deals are made in smoke-filled cabins on an island in the Potomac is a good thing.

So, go ahead....present the arguments. I'm sure you know far more about the subject than I ever will. I'm not surprised that people of your generation consider the permanently bitter enmity on display in Congress today is a good thing.

You're full of ####.

There is no evidence that the white supremacist protesters in Charlottesville were motivated by Trump. In fact, their motivation was to stop the removal of a statue; which Trump had nothing to do with.

There is no evidence that Paddock was motivated by Trump or any other political stance to commit his murder. In fact, there still is no clear motive in his shooting.

Your claim that most of the violence has come from 'Trumpers' is a complete lie.

It's backed up by facts. Whether they were emboldened by Trump is up for debate, but the fact is right wing violence is way up since Trump's election. So we can debate why that is or, alternatively, you can stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalala". Hope you enjoy your make believe world. Ignorance is bliss, after all. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And along comes the leftist to spread the rumor again.

Sans supporting evidence.

Ole Grindy not too bright...needs to actually read his source material:

Lombardo said he didn't know offhand who Paddock was talking to when he was talking about Trump, adding that it's the "only thing that we have seen that references politics." Authorities do not believe it correlates to a motive in the shooting.

Chris0nllyn

So, go ahead....present the arguments. I'm sure you know far more about the subject than I ever will. I'm not surprised that people of your generation consider the permanently bitter enmity on display in Congress today is a good thing.

People of your generation started it by electing who you did. Your tribal partisan politics are to blame, but hey, if you think Congress passing laws and limiting our rights and freedoms each passing year is a good thing, there's no amount of discussion that will change your mind.

I personally believe in freedom and not the govt. telling me what to do. If internal bickering prevents them from doing so, I have no problem with it. I didn't elect those idiots.