ESPN Under Fire

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't, but this is the first time they've ever had anyone push back. Typically the Republicans go kiss their ass to try and get good coverage (which never works, does it John McCain?), but Trump is the first major elected official who has called them out. They don't know how to react because they've never had anyone challenge them before.

Then how do you explain McCain getting elected over and over and over and over again?

I just feel the media is gaining traction with their anti-Trump agenda. As much as I don't give much regard to polls, his dwindling numbers are a bit concerning. But, as I said, we'll see what happens in 2018.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's so strange to me.
The people sent a message with Trump.
They told the Republicans that they were sick of the cowardice shown by Republican politicians.

Instead of gaining from the message sent, they double down on their cowardice and leave Trump hanging.
I am sick of the party. I am sick of the leadership.
They are killing themselves. Committing party suicide when they should be riding high.

Why strange? Who provides the money that keeps them there? We have a political class, and it's going to work very hard to reject the foreign body. Both parties play good cop/bad cop for each other. All in the interests of keeping the status quo.

Rommey

So I guess everyone named "Robert Lee" who lives in Virginia needs to move to a different state immediately...you know, just so they don't upset anyone for simply having the same name.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
This takes stupidity to a whole new, yet somehow not unexpected, level.

Democrats should be proud.

The only way to stop this insanity is to make the parent company - Disney - somehow feel the heat. Dump Disney, ABC, and all the ESPN's. Doubtful if that happens on a large enough scale.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The only way to stop this insanity is to make the parent company - Disney - somehow feel the heat. Dump Disney, ABC, and all the ESPN's. Doubtful if that happens on a large enough scale.

What's interesting about this is, when someone on the left does this we call for boycotting them to affect their business. When someone on the right does this, the media goes on a character assassination blitz to embarrass them into quitting/resigning.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then how do you explain McCain getting elected over and over and over and over again?

Easy - he's the incumbent Republican in a red state who has never had any real primary challenges. Unless someone steps up and decides to run against him in, what is it, 2022? or he dies, he will win a seventh term. He has held that seat for 30 freaking years.

30 years, people.

And here's your fun fact:

Jeff Flake was born in....

...wait for it...

Snowflake, AZ

:lol:

Hijinx

Easy - he's the incumbent Republican in a red state who has never had any real primary challenges. Unless someone steps up and decides to run against him in, what is it, 2022? or he dies, he will win a seventh term. He has held that seat for 30 freaking years.

30 years, people.

And here's your fun fact:

Jeff Flake was born in....

...wait for it...

Snowflake, AZ

:lol:

Same reason Steny Hoyer goes back year after year. Incumbent in a Democrat state.
Hard to beat franking, money, and doing favors for constituents.

35 years living on the Government tit.

Eventually, the name Smith will be outlawed. The name Smith was originated from manual trades like blacksmithing, who created the hardware necessary for landowners to have slaves.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.

The people running the insanity don't really care if the occasional Asian gets caught in the crossfire, they're not part of their target demographics anyways.

PeoplesElbow

MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.

I think people should be offended that a guy named Weekley has a job because some masters beat their slaves weekly.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not sure if this was mentioned but ESPN said it was for his safety.
True story - from a piece on Internet Shaming.
A professor at the University of Arkansas was labeled a Nazi because one of the people attending the protest in Charlottesville had on a Univ of Arkansas T-shirt and they had similar hair color and a beard.
So this internet asswipe puts out the professors name, address, phone number, email address, his wife's information etc. Labels him a Nazi and tells everyone to go get him.
The poor guy and his wife were having dinner in Arkansas at the time - strangely because that's where he lived and worked. Didn't stop the politically motivated assassination of character which turned into threats of physical harm.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Oh, and let's not stop with announcers... We need to hunt down every football player, coach, ref, water boy... that has a name of a confederate figure and pull them off the field. We don't want to offend the audience every time their name gets announced during play.

Sheila Jackson Lee offends me. Should she be replaced? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure if this was mentioned but ESPN said it was for his safety.
True story - from a piece on Internet Shaming.
A professor at the University of Arkansas was labeled a Nazi because one of the people attending the protest in Charlottesville had on a Univ of Arkansas T-shirt and they had similar hair color and a beard.
So this internet asswipe puts out the professors name, address, phone number, email address, his wife's information etc. Labels him a Nazi and tells everyone to go get him.
The poor guy and his wife were having dinner in Arkansas at the time - strangely because that's where he lived and worked. Didn't stop the politically motivated assassination of character which turned into threats of physical harm.

I really hope, as dumb as these people are, they wouldn't think that he was, you know, THE Robert E Lee.