Evening commute thru brandywine has become a disaster. Red light timing to blame

BernieP

Resident PIA
They could build some damn overpasses like every other large metropolitan area in the country. This is self-inflicted misery, and I don't for the life of me know why.
Because they don't plan, don't think. They are in the "Smart Growth" mode still, if you build it you will encourage people to come.
Dang, the traffic is here. Look at 235 between GMR and 4. It's a parking lot because they have so many lights, driveways and U-turns that traffic is backed up.

pbotz

i received a response from the md sha request i made a while back when all the traffic started to get far worse in the evenings coming home. They did look into it and found a problem that was fixed. The traffic going home thru there has been better lately also. Just wanted to update the post for everyone. My advice for brandywine/Waldorf commuters is if you notice a light or the timing of the lights seems off or out of the usual go and report it on the sha site. we know the ride home and the usual traffic clusters. If it seems far worse everyday than usual the light timing may be off or out of sync again.

Dear Peter

Thank you for contacting the Maryland State Highway Administration in regards to your concern/ issue at US 301 @ Chadds Ford , SR- 0402160 . On 11/12/2019 a signal technician found a problem with the operation of the light and made repairs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank You,

tuffenuff2

i received a response from the md sha request i made a while back when all the traffic started to get far worse in the evenings coming home. They did look into it and found a problem that was fixed. The traffic going home thru there has been better lately also. Just wanted to update the post for everyone. My advice for brandywine/Waldorf commuters is if you notice a light or the timing of the lights seems off or out of the usual go and report it on the sha site. we know the ride home and the usual traffic clusters. If it seems far worse everyday than usual the light timing may be off or out of sync again.

Dear Peter

Thank you for contacting the Maryland State Highway Administration in regards to your concern/ issue at US 301 @ Chadds Ford , SR- 0402160 . On 11/12/2019 a signal technician found a problem with the operation of the light and made repairs. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank You,