Everyone tired of the Tragedy in Arizona yet?

anyone else tired of the "tragedy in Arizona"

• Make it stop already.

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • We needed something to talk about anyways.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • If we keep talking about it, it shows we care.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I'm going to kneecap the next person that mentions it.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Huh, what happened in Arizona?

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Personally I couldn't care less any more, 40 odd threads going already and nonno adding about a half dozen an hour has caused my caring center to burnout. Anyone else getting that way or am I the only one.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm with you. It's not that I am not compassionate, I am just disillussioned with everybody bickering over dead bodies. Nobody seems to be focusing on the tragedy just the politics and their own personal agendas. Whatever happened to kindness to our fellow man? Instead of expressing our condolences and genuine sympathy to those who have suffered loss, instead of mentioning our admiration and pride to those who overwhelmed the shooter...everyone's (political, commentators, screen personas) are all just Biytching and moaning and griping and whining and trying to fight one another.

Dang it, if you all want to take over the freaking country and do whatever, do it already and stop your freaking whining wailing and gnashing of teeth.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I allowed myself to be consumed by it, I might be tired of it, but I only watch the news long enough to get an update on Giffords, and catch the rest of the headlines, then I move on to something else. Usually, the kitchen.

DangerousCurves

I pray to God that you're the only one who thinks that way. What...did this horrible loss of lives interrupt your gossip..and God forbid...your thread on what you ate for dinner tonight? I think that you need to reassess your values...and what actually matters in this world. People died...if it were your family or friends...would you be so callous to respond in such a way? Doubtful...

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I pray to God that you're the only one who thinks that way. What...did this horrible loss of lives interrupt your gossip..and God forbid...your thread on what you ate for dinner tonight? I think that you need to reassess your values...and what actually matters in this world. People died...if it were your family or friends...would you be so callous to respond in such a way? Doubtful...
You really missed the point.

DangerousCurves

It's very obvious that you didn't make a point...so how can you say that I missed the point? My recommendations to you are....oh well...what's the point? You have no heart...or no clue...so why bother? Sooooo....go back to your dinner menu...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It's not that I am not compassionate, I am just disillussioned with everybody bickering over dead bodies. Nobody seems to be focusing on the tragedy just the politics and their own personal agendas. (point) Whatever happened to kindness to our fellow man? (point) Instead of expressing our condolences and genuine sympathy to those who have suffered loss, instead of mentioning our admiration and pride to those who overwhelmed the shooter...everyone's (political, commentators, screen personas) are all just Biytching and moaning and griping and whining and trying to fight one another. (point)

It's very obvious that you didn't make a point...so how can you say that I missed the point? ...

try again

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's not a horrible loss for me, I didn't know a single one of them (I bet the same is true for every person on this forum). How is this any different from the other 100 people who've been killed by some psycho in the last week?

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
I'm with you. It's not that I am not compassionate, I am just disillussioned with everybody bickering over dead bodies. Nobody seems to be focusing on the tragedy just the politics and their own personal agendas. Whatever happened to kindness to our fellow man? Instead of expressing our condolences and genuine sympathy to those who have suffered loss, instead of mentioning our admiration and pride to those who overwhelmed the shooter...everyone's (political, commentators, screen personas) are all just Biytching and moaning and griping and whining and trying to fight one another.

Dang it, if you all want to take over the freaking country and do whatever, do it already and stop your freaking whining wailing and gnashing of teeth.

:yeahthat:

Couldn't of said it better myself.. . Political agendas are taking over the real issue, a tragedy where innocent people lost their lives.

It's very obvious that you didn't make a point...so how can you say that I missed the point? My recommendations to you are....oh well...what's the point? You have no heart...or no clue...so why bother? Sooooo....go back to your dinner menu...

Dangerous Curves must exist in your neocortex.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Wow! You won the coveted :whoosh: twice in one thread! :high5:

It's not a horrible loss for me, I didn't know a single one of them (I bet the same is true for every person on this forum). How is this any different from the other 100 people who've been killed by some psycho in the last week?

Not to mention the hundreds killed in South American flooding and the horrible flooding in Australia. But a politician gets shot and yikes! And She didn't even die.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Personally I couldn't care less any more, 40 odd threads going already and nonno adding about a half dozen an hour has caused my caring center to burnout. Anyone else getting that way or am I the only one.

Make that 41 threads (this one).

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
I don't know why the big deal. Crazy people have been mass murdering people for a long time. This is a horrible event, but it happens alot all over the world unfortunately. Why is this event more important than others? It cannot be because a public servant was invovled could it? If so, then why not have the out cry and sympathy for every member of our Armed Forces that have fallen? All the lefties shouldn't point fingers to the righties, instead lets just rid ourselves of the crazy people that do this kind of crazy crap. But alas all you want to do is develop government funded programs to help the crazy people who refuse to take their meds and still do this anyway. Godspeed to the recovery of the wounded and to the families of those that were lost.

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
One of the elite ruling class was injured by a serf

My bad, and here I thought it was a person that willfully sought to be a public servant that was shot by a crazy sob. I guess I should get off the farm more often and see what the real world is like every now and then. :buddies:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
11 people were killed in PG county the first 11 days of.this.year. but none of them were from the royal ruling class. You tell me, which one is the REAL tragedy. President isn't visiting any of their families, nor speaking at a memorial service for any of them. What happened in Tucson is sad, but compared to life in most.of.our cities doesn't even place in the top ten. Or at least SHOULDN'T.

'

SamSpade

11 people were killed in PG county the first 11 days of.this.year.

Up to 13, now. Making the shootings twice as tragic.

Except that none of them were Congressman who actually *LIVED*.

Geez. You'd think the memorial in Tuscon was over Giffords, who did NOT die.

gemma_rae

nonno posted a thread?!?! I hadn't noticed.