Explosion sounds in Hollywood???

quailridge

I live in the Hollywood area and every day beginning around 5 a.m. I can hear singular "explosive" noises. They seem to happen every 15 minutes or so. What are they??????

glhs837

Power with Control
Near the airport (within a mile or two?). If so, could be that the airport uses propane "cannons" to scare birds off the runway. The cannons are really just empty tubes, a little propane is bled in, and ignited, makes a noise and nothing else.

Hank

my war
Oh look, another dolt who can't get me out of his head. :killingme

You tards (mabus, you, rubio1) should form a gang. You can get together and lick windows everyday. :yay:

I have always wanted to come out with a line of flavor colored windex for window lickers... :party:

Mabus

Free Rent
Oh look, another dolt who can't get me out of his head. :killingme

You tards (mabus, you, rubio1) should form a gang. You can get together and lick windows everyday. :yay:

Well at least one member of the gang would know where to find you.

I live in the Hollywood area and every day beginning around 5 a.m. I can hear singular "explosive" noises. They seem to happen every 15 minutes or so. What are they??????

I live on McIntosh and have been hearing the same noises. I assumed it was one of the farms nearby keeping the deer away.

quailridge

Resident 21613, I live on McIntosh also. The response about keeping the birds away from the airport made sense but the noise doesn't seem to be coming from the California area.....more 235N. Still a mystery.

Resident 21613, I live on McIntosh also. The response about keeping the birds away from the airport made sense but the noise doesn't seem to be coming from the California area.....more 235N. Still a mystery.

I live near the Jones Rd intersection. To me, it sounds like its coming from the SE. Maybe that field marked for sale as industrial across 235 from Joy Ln?

Edit: Just looked at map. That doesn't make sense. Maybe the sound was bouncing off the shed. I'll listen closer tonight.

Last edited: