Eye doctor in Calvert

Goofy

A couple days ago I started to occasionally see a very small black dot in my right eye vision. Very odd. I want to get it checked out. I'd like to see an eye doctor in Calvert. I live in Owings. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local guy?

Thanks.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Goofy said:
A couple days ago I started to occasionally see a very small black dot in my right eye vision. Very odd. I want to get it checked out. I'd like to see an eye doctor in Calvert. I live in Owings. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local guy?

Thanks.

How old are you?

I use Dr. Dodd, but he's very hard to get to see. I just went to Dr. Demas in Fox Run, he's an optometrist but he's very good and thorough and can probably tell you what's wrong and refer you to (and get you in quicker) with Dr. Dodd.

Dr. Demas is at 301-855-9414

A few years ago, I had a black spot in my field of vision and it turned out I had a problem with my optic nerve.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Goofy said:

Thanks.
My opinion is that you see an opthamologist (sp) rather than an optometrist. They have additional training and can better examine you.

Do you wear contacts? They cause the gel-like substance in your eyes to become loostened quicker over time and those "floaters" that you are seeing could be the result of that. It could be something else as well.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Chasey_Lane said:
My opinion is that you see an opthamologist (sp) rather than an optometrist. They have additional training and can better examine you.

Do you wear contacts? They cause the gel-like substance in your eyes to become loostened quicker over time and those "floaters" that you are seeing could be the result of that. It could be something else as well.

That's why I recommended Dr. Dodd (opthamalogist) but he's booking at 3 months out now. Dr. Demas is very good, diagnosed my problem but sent me to Dodd. He made a call and got me in ASAP.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I have floaters. They drive me crazy sometimes -- especially when we had the fruit fly infestation. I was always swatting at my floaters.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
cattitude said:
That's why I recommended Dr. Dodd (opthamalogist) but he's booking at 3 months out now. Dr. Demas is very good, diagnosed my problem but sent me to Dodd. He made a call and got me in ASAP.
3 months? Geesh!! He must be good!! :lol:

Goofy

I'm ancient. 36.

I do wear contacts and work at a computer probably 12 hours a day on average. As a result I'm always worried about my eyes. I know a woman that about five years ago, had to get surgery because she was going blind due to her contacts. Granted, she did follow very poor contact care (wore them for days without taking them out) but I still think about that occasionally.

Thinking of having laser. I have several friends that have done it and swear by it. Do know one women that had a serious lens problem that took months to correct. I just want to wait a little longer to see how people hold up.

I always say 30 years ago or so everyone swore by asbestos.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Goofy said:
I'm ancient. 36.

Thanks much.

The reason I asked about your age is because of MS. Optic nerve damage presents as a black spot but it is not a floater, it's more of a black area in your field of vision and it doesn't really move. At first I thought mine was a floater but one of the guys I work with insisted that I get it checked out...glad I did. I never manifested MS but did lose some of my vision due to nerve damage.

Goofy

sorry to hear that. At least the MS didn't appear. I have an Aunt with MS. Very strange disease. She lost her eyesight once for two weeks, then it just came back. Also had remission for a couple years. Then the MS came back even worse.

MMDad

Lem Putt
All of the Ophthalmologists that Dr. Dodd works with are good. Get in and see one of them. They are behind the Ruby Tuesday in Prince Frederick. I think the practice is called Eye Associates. They also have an office in Annapolis, which may get you in sooner.

C

chess

Dr Dodd or the older lady in there with him, i cant think of her name. Both are really good !!!

K_Jo said:
I have floaters. They drive me crazy sometimes -- especially when we had the fruit fly infestation. I was always swatting at my floaters.

I have that too in my right eye. It shows itself after I read a lot. Drives me crazy. :jameo: