F..Pit Bulls and their owners

Roman

I'm glad that she is OK. maybe take one leash, and put it around her Waist when you take her out. That might be easier on both of you.

SoMDGirl42

My doxies are way worse than any pitbull I have ever met. And I worked at the emergency vet for 5 years, dealt with countless fighting and bait pits that AC brought to us to fix so they could be PTS, after the owners trials, because of the human ignorance that I see is alive and thriving in this section! Every dog can attack. Walk into my front door without me opening it and you will find out that a pits teeth and a doxies teeth feel the exact same when they are gnawing on you.
And please, don't call yourself a "huge dog lover" and then say I would kill all pit bulls for the heck of it in the same sentence. You love YOUR dog, not all dogs and should be beaten just for making the claim to be a huge animal lover. I hate birds.

I think part of your rant was directed at me due to the bolded statements, so I shall reply.

I'll take a bite from your doxies any day. Put me in a room with them and let me defend myself as long as you are willing to go into a room with aggressive pitbulls and defend yourself.

Never said I would kill a pitbull for the "heck of it" but I will kill a pitbull if it's running loose. I have a right to protect myself, and my property. If it's loose, I'm killing it to do so. End of story.

and anyone that knows me knows I am an animal lover, but I do not consider Pitbulls to be an animal I love. I prefer them dead. So, call me what you want. I really don't give a flying F8*k what your opinion is.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My doxies are way worse than any pitbull I have ever met. And I worked at the emergency vet for 5 years, dealt with countless fighting and bait pits that AC brought to us to fix so they could be PTS, after the owners trials, because of the human ignorance that I see is alive and thriving in this section! Every dog can attack. Walk into my front door without me opening it and you will find out that a pits teeth and a doxies teeth feel the exact same when they are gnawing on you.
:bs:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They don't have to be feral for that to occur. My border collie herds everything in sight, my lab brings me every stick out of the woods for God's sake, and my doberman would sit directly in front of me as protection. My brothers pit is the most docile and loving creature until she perceives a threat from another animal that may or may not be real, she then does what pit bulls were bred to do, take it down by locking those massive jaws on it. :shrug:

TRUE..

My point being, in the process of domesticating Pits we try to train their instincts out, or at least make their instincts somewhat dormant (instincts are ALWAYS present)..

When they are on the loose, their training is forgotten and they revert to their instincts.

Chris0nllyn

and anyone that knows me knows I am an animal lover, but I do not consider Pitbulls to be an animal I love. I prefer them dead. So, call me what you want. I really don't give a flying F8*k what your opinion is.

So, technically, you aren't an animal lover. You love certain animals.

You'd kill a loose dog, just because of the breed. Doesn't sound very "lovey" to me.

SoMDGirl42

So, technically, you aren't an animal lover. You love certain animals.

You'd kill a loose dog, just because of the breed. Doesn't sound very "lovey" to me.

Nope. I'd kill a loose pitbull if I felt threatened by it's presence.

I'm a particular animal lover. I'm a pitbull killer.

:biggrin:

SoMDGirl42

This is what I'd consider a hung jury. If we on a jury together, I don't think we'd ever agree to charges, so I'm calling a hung jury. My mind is made up and my opinion will never change.

If I'm ever given the chance to vote for banning the pitbull breed, I will wait in line for as long as it takes to cast my vote to bann the breed. I'd gather every single person over the legal age to vote and pay them to vote to bann pitbulls.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
sedate..... not put to sleep :jerry: and im sure they will have to sedate her.

and let AC know the OWNER came to pick them up.... and you CAN TAKE her to small claims court over the vet bills!!!

and make sure with AC they follow thru with a file .. not sure how many bites a dog gets before it is deamed dangerous and they have to keep it behind two locked gates/doors.

As these dogs have apparently been running loose for a while, the owner doesn't sound like the kind of person who would let a little-bitty ol' piece of paper tell her she has to lock them up.

SoMDGirl42

You're so gangsta. :killingme

What would you do if a German Shepard was loose around you?

If I felt my life, the life of human was in danger, I'd do what I'd have to do to protect us, as I would wtih any animal large enough to cause us grave injury or death. I'd kill it.

If a 4 pound yorkie charged me, I'd defend myself, I'd stand on a chair so it couldn't reach me :lmao:

Chris0nllyn

This is what I'd consider a hung jury. If we on a jury together, I don't think we'd ever agree to charges, so I'm calling a hung jury. My mind is made up and my opinion will never change.

If I'm ever given the chance to vote for banning the pitbull breed, I will wait in line for as long as it takes to cast my vote to bann the breed. I'd gather every single person over the legal age to vote and pay them to vote to bann pitbulls.

I know who here despises them, and I knwo they will not change their minds. That's fine.

Maybe you should jump in line to ban all large dogs. Not just pitbulls bite. German Shepards, and Rotties have a stronger bite anyway. Let's ban them too!

Save the children!

If I felt my life, the life of human was in danger, I'd do what I'd have to do to protect us, as I would wtih any animal large enough to cause us grave injury or death. I'd kill it.

If a 4 pound yorkie charged me, I'd defend myself, I'd stand on a chair so it couldn't reach me :lmao:

As would anyone in danger...I hope.

Just curious how would you do that? You're walking down the street and baby-killer comes walking out of the woods....what would you do? You have a CCW permit?

SoMDGirl42

Because it's not just any large dog repeatedly killing people and children. It's Pitts & Rotties. THAT's really the difference.

Are you willing to buy me a magnet to place next to my "I love my Shih Tzu" magnet that reads "I hate Pitbulls" . It can have the poision coloring, or the circle with the line thru it like the no smoking signs.

I'd proudly place it on my brand new shinny truck, right beside each other. :biggrin:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Maybe you should jump in line to ban all large dogs. Not just pitbulls bite. German Shepards, and Rotties have a stronger bite anyway. Let's ban them too!

Save the children!
I'm ok with banning Pitts and Rotties but there is a HUGE gap in human deaths between GS and Pitt/Rotties.

SoMDGirl42

Just curious how would you do that? You're walking down the street and baby-killer comes walking out of the woods....what would you do? You have a CCW permit?

maybe :coffee:

I'd grab anything I could get my hands on to defend myself. If I hand nothing but the clothes on my back, then I guess I'd strip my shirt off and try to choke it to death. Chances are, if I had NOTHING to defend myself, I'm shiat outta luck and I'll die by the jaws of a pitbull, but I'd die trying to defend myself.

Chris0nllyn

Because it's not just any large dog repeatedly killing people and children. It's Pitts & Rotties. THAT's really the difference.

You mean, you've heard the stories on the news. Take that as gospel, then ridicule others for believing what they see on the news?

News reported 16 dog-bite related deaths in 2011. 16....

That, compared too 31,758 unintentional poisoning deaths.

Sounds like a real epidemic we have here....

Chris0nllyn

I'm ok with banning Pitts and Rotties but there is a HUGE gap in human deaths between GS and Pitt/Rotties.

So when rotties, and pis are gone....what then.

If they are 3rd on the list....it'd make them 1st right? Should we ban them now to avoid them being #1 eventually?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You mean, you've heard the stories on the news. Take that as gospel, then ridicule others for believing what they see on the news?

News reported 16 dog-bite related deaths in 2011. 16....

That, compared too 31,758 unintentional poisoning deaths.

Sounds like a real epidemic we have here....
You know what? I don't give a flying leap.

Let's go back to the original topic, a loose unsupervised pit bull attacked a forumite's dog in the south end of the county.

Loose unsupervised pit bulls have been attacking people and killing animals on the south end of the county in St Inigoes.

I guess the south end has a problem with loose unsupervised pit bulls. :shrug:

If your pit bull isn't loose and unsupervised in the south end of the county, and you don't live in the south end, then this doesn't even concern you.

Again, stop being such a drama queen.