FAFO - Play Stupid Games

glhs837

Power with Control
FvcK these "pranksters". Should be legal for a crowd to beat them down. Also note he relies on his physical size to keep people from fighting back. %300 chance this guy bullied the crap out of smaller kids in school.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alsom not he relies on his physical size to keep people from fighting back. %300 chance this guy bullied the crap out of smaller kids in school.

I would not take that bet, clearly this guy is a bully, needs a beat down with a baseball bat

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

A deep dive into the legality of the YouTube ‘prankster’ shooting—and why his shooter is still in jail

Like many prank shows that have existed over the years, the people who made Scare Tactics told people not to try this at home. But that show aired about two decades ago, and these days almost any ordinary person can make a prank show on YouTube. Just do pranks on people, film it, and upload the video. It seems simple enough. They can try this at home and get paid by the click, but maybe they wouldn’t know how to do it correctly, and safely.

Thus, you get the YouTube show called Classified Goons, starring a guy named Tanner Cook. As we reported yesterday, a few months ago when he was carrying out a prank against a man named Alan Colie, Colie ended up drawing a gun and shooting him, leaving him severely wounded, although thankfully, he survived. And a jury just acquitted Colie of malicious wounding and essentially firing a gun in an occupied buildng, finding that he acted in self-defense.

When Cook was first shot, I saw a lot of people complaining that this was proof that people are too gun-happy in America or Virginia. But when I went to his YouTube channel and checked it out, I saw it really wasn’t surprising that he got shot.

Wait, Aaron, you might say, are you saying he deserved to get shot?

Well, to quote the Clint Eastwood classic Unforgiven:

a3baa3a1-653f-4583-a5b5-c1148b77507f.jpg

I am not saying that he did anything that should be punished with death or being shot, but when one of his targets ended up shooting him, it was wholly predictable. And long before the jury reached its verdict, I knew it might have been legal, just judging by the kind of behavior Cook had been engaged in. And that is mostly what this post is about—explaining why I think so.

[clip]

This is the play-by-play, as I see it. Cook holds up a cell phone to Colie and runs a recording that (according to other reports) says ‘hey, dipsh-t, stop thinking about my twinkle’ (censorship added) over and over again. Colie first tries to walk away, not sure what the hell is going on. Cook pursues him, still trying to put the phone near his ear, and Colie pushes his hand away. Then, finally, Colie pulls out an apparently concealed weapon and shot him.

First, Colie was being menaced by three different people. You see two of them in the video, but where is the third? Well, that would be the guy holding the camera. When watching TV and movies we are used to forgetting that the camera and the person holding the camera is there, but we shouldn’t forget it in this case.

Now, one question you might ask is ‘who is the initial aggressor?’ This can be important in the law of self-defense, because if Colie was the initial aggressor, he might not be allowed to invoke the right of self-defense as easily. But fortunately for him, Cook is the aggressor. A friend thought otherwise, but, respectfully, he was wrong:

Great Lengthy Analysis ... plenty more meat at the link

Reactions: BOP