Fall/Winter Dinners

Lump

I started using Balsamic Vinegar in things other than salad dressing last year and I like it a lot. I kind of use in in place of Worcestershire Sauce with Beef and Lamb. Anybody have any other ways that they use it? I'd like to use it more, but a little afraid I might ruin something!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I started using Balsamic Vinegar in things other than salad dressing last year and I like it a lot. I kind of use in in place of Worcestershire Sauce with Beef and Lamb. Anybody have any other ways that they use it? I'd like to use it more, but a little afraid I might ruin something!
It also goes great with chicken!
Green beans!
Brussels sprouts!
Butternut squash!
Pork!
Cauliflower!

Can you see that I love balsamic vinegar? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In SPI last year I got a balsamic Worcestershire sauce at one of the farmers market and I used it on EVERYTHING. Can't wait to get back and get some more.

I find the regular balsamic a bit too overpowering for me. I've been using the white balsamic vinegar, a little bit less potent.

Lump

I find the regular balsamic a bit too overpowering for me. I've been using the white balsamic vinegar, a little bit less potent.
I have some flavored ones, not sure how to use them. One is Key Lime and one is Lavender.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I tell you what I am excited about now. I picked up a blood orange infused olive oil at a craft show at Annmarie Gardens and it is the bomb! :getdown: Then I found out they are a little shop called Olivins in St. Michael's, only a few minutes from my sister's house in Easton. :yahoo: All sorts of good stuff: infused olive oils, dark and white balsamic reductions, honey, coffee, syrups, and much more!

I tell you what I am excited about now. I picked up a blood orange infused olive oil at a craft show at Annmarie Gardens and it is the bomb!
When I was up on LI, stopped at an 'oil' shoppe and got some blood orange olive oil, wild mushroom and sage, and a toasted sesame. I'm out of the toasted sesame and the shoppe is no longer there.... :ohwell:
The others are really good on salads.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
When I was up on LI, stopped at an 'oil' shoppe and got some blood orange olive oil, wild mushroom and sage, and a toasted sesame. I'm out of the toasted sesame and the shoppe is no longer there.... :ohwell:
The others are really good on salads.
I have when that happens: find something I really love and poof - no longer available. :bawl:

Olivins ships and they have a toasted sesame olive oil. Or I can bring you some back from the next time I'm over that way, which will be next weekend. They also have blood orange and mushroom-sage infused olive oils.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
balsamic Worcestershire sauce

That sounds really convenient and delicious. I've made my own out of a balsamic reduction then adding Worcestershire sauce to it to make a marinade or salad dressing. Would love to know who makes it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That sounds really convenient and delicious. I've made my own out of a balsamic reduction then adding Worcestershire sauce to it to make a marinade or salad dressing. Would love to know who makes it.

When I get to SPI I'll hit up the farmers market and let you know. Remind me if I forget. And @RoseRed , remind Jazz if she forgets.

And is it "farmers market" or "farmer's market"?