Fatal MVA 231 & Hallowing point park

C

CalvertNewbie

2:31 a.m.|(CALVERT)*Fatal MVA*route 231 and hallowing point park.
Two street bikes - any more info?

Baynet has the story up. Apparently, he was attemptng to pass a vehicle on the shoulder when he struck a guardrail. Speed was a contributing factor.

Last month, he got busted for doing 104 mph in a 55 going down rte 4. Apparently he had no regard for the safety of those around him. Thank God he didn't kill anyone else but my thoughts go out to his family/friends regardless.

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Leaves Lusby Man Dead - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Baynet has the story up. Apparently, he was attemptng to pass a vehicle on the shoulder when he struck a guardrail. Speed was a contributing factor.

Last month, he got busted for doing 104 mph in a 55 going down rte 4. Apparently he had no regard for the safety of those around him. Thank God he didn't kill anyone else but my thoughts go out to his family/friends regardless.

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Leaves Lusby Man Dead - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

It appears he may not have had a proper license or just got one.

Passing on the (right) shoulder seems to be very common in Calvert.

greenbag13

Make the voices stop!!!!!
That's a nice douchebag move. I witnessed a big SUV do the same yesterday in the area of Hollywood. WTF are people thinking??
Not defending the guy, but:

§ 21-304.
(a) Subject to the requirements of subsection (b) of this section, the driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only:

(1) If the overtaken vehicle is making or about to make a left turn;

(2) On a highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and wide enough for two or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the same direction as the overtaking vehicle; or

(3) On any one-way roadway, if the roadway is free from obstruction and wide enough for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

(b) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle to the right only if it is safe to do so.

(c) The movement described under subsection (b) of this section may not be made by driving off the roadway.

I'm on my bike more than anything else and personally wouldn't do it, but it's legal.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Apparently, he was attemptng to pass a vehicle on the shoulder when he struck a guardrail. Speed was a contributing factor.

§ 21-304.
(3) On any one-way roadway, if the roadway is free from obstruction and wide enough for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

(b) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle to the right only if it is safe to do so.

I'm on my bike more than anything else and personally wouldn't do it, but it's legal.

Sounds like he broke the law

greenbag13

Make the voices stop!!!!!
The shoulder and the roadway are wide enough for two lines of moving vehicles, the guard rail wasn't in the path of the shoulder and at a reasonable speed it would probably have been a safe move. Tough call, but I would say he was within the limits of the law, well except for the high speed and running off the shoulder into the guard rail.

blacklabman

The shoulder and the roadway are wide enough for two lines of moving vehicles, the guard rail wasn't in the path of the shoulder and at a reasonable speed it would probably have been a safe move. Tough call, but I would say he was within the limits of the law, well except for the high speed and running off the shoulder into the guard rail.

If the road has a shoulder strip (solid white line), it is illegal to cross that solid white line to pass someone making a left hand turn.

This happens all the time at the convenience center on St. Andrew's Church Road (southbound side).

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If the road has a shoulder strip (solid white line), it is illegal to cross that solid white line to pass someone making a left hand turn.

This happens all the time at the convenience center on St. Andrew's Church Road (southbound side).
That's a debateable point in this state.

Inkd

Well within the limits of the law, except for the high speed? That is kind of like saying he was winning the fight until he got knocked out. I will say though, even at a reasonable speed a motorcycle crash can be fatal. I love them but will never ride one again.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Well within the limits of the law, except for the high speed? That is kind of like saying he was winning the fight until he got knocked out. I will say though, even at a reasonable speed a motorcycle crash can be fatal. I love them but will never ride one again.

I'd rather get F'd up riding a bike then sit around waiting to die

Stop defending him. He has a history of being a jerk. He rolled the dice and lost pulling a boneheaded move. Actions like his are why the rest of us riders have gotten bad reputations.

I'm just glad he only took himself out and not an innocent.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

§ 21-304.
(a) Subject to the requirements of subsection (b) of this section, the driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only:

(1) If the overtaken vehicle is making or about to make a left turn;

(2) On a highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and wide enough for two or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the same direction as the overtaking vehicle; or

(c) The movement described under subsection (b) of this section may not be made by driving off the roadway.

Legal schmegal. If he wrecked, it obviously wasn't safe for him to pass on the right. :coffee:

Inkd

I'd rather get F'd up riding a bike then sit around waiting to die

So you would rather die on a bike than sitting around waiting to die? Or just get F'd up riding a bike? My uncle got F'd up on a bike and has been paralyzed from the waist down for right close to 30 years. Which would you rather have, death or F'd up? That is why I choose not to ride anymore.