FEDEX SUX

Homer J

Power Chord
Anyone else having problems getting deliveries from FEDEX?

I realize this is a very busy time of year for them but this is ridiculous. I'm waiting on a package that has been on the truck four days in a row for delivery, but has yet to be delivered. The latest tracking info says it went out for delivery at 12:44 am on Tuesday.

Then yesterday, my son sent a link to a FB post:

So last night around 11pm a very nice St. Mary's County police officer showed up at our house. She was delivering a package I had ordered from Walmart that has been on a FedEx delivery truck from Upper Marlboro, MD for over a week and a half. She said that it was found at the end of someone's driveway along with 10-15 other packages that were ripped partly open to see what was inside.

She believes that it could be the FedEx truck driver since none of these packages are listed as delivered and when looking at the tracking number the last place they were all listed is on a delivery truck coming from Upper Marlboro, MD. All the packages are from the Ridge/ Scotland, MD area.

Auntie Biache'

Just read this on Smokey Joe's FB page this morning https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...dKkiF7oLgKZxGoqa1RHQsVl0zGLQS2jgPdzAjw4ZXeQBI

And his post just prior, "I am very sad to say that we will not have fruitcakes for sale this year. Delays from the suppliers due to FedEx's inability to properly deliver my fruit on time means I have not been able to begin baking. My order is still out there...somewhere. I hope all of my fruitcake lovers can forgive me, there just isn't enough time left. If anyone in the Park Hall area found a big box from Nuts.com on their porch, it's probably mine. They left it on somebody's porch, just not mine. I apologize for getting your hopes up. "

https://www.facebook.com/SJsonthetown/

I have no idea who has been delivering the gifts I've ordered from Amazon. They say USPS, but I know that doesn't really mean anything anymore. However, I digress. I've had everything sent to my office. Not only does the address include the business name, but also the suite number. Not a single package has come to my door. Every single package has been delivered next door. I spoke with the office manager next door, and she assured me she'd let me know if she got anything for me. Well, she has gotten EVERYTHING I ordered.

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont know, my identified delivery service has been delivering. they might use subs, but the company identified is the one.

But evidently this Upper Marlboro Fedex thing has grown legs, and is pretty huge. Packages opened, missing, delayed, tons of people reporting.

dave1959

Most FEDEx Home delivery drivers are NOT FedEx employee's. They are independent contractors. The only thing they answer to fedex for is that the package got delivered. That is why you will sometimes see in tracking that the package has been delivered and you cant find it and it suprisingly shows up a day later. FedEx looks at the log and it says "delivered".

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Interesting. I have a package due to be delivered today via FedEx. I checked the tracking and it says it is out for delivery from Upper Marlboro. Stay tuned! :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
See, that's the nice thing about UPS's business model. Everything goes on the same truck. And if you get enough deliveries, you get to know your driver. (I've got our driver's cell number in the event we need a last minute pickup.)

With FedEx, we will see 2-3 different trucks driving around down here. FedEx Ground is a different truck than regular FedEx which is different than FedEx Home delivery.

We kill off the brick and mortar retail stores and dump all of our business into online shopping for the convenience. The online businesses aren't going to keep eating the bill for porch pirates and crooked delivery schemes. Ordering online is becoming a Russian roulette game. High stakes when we pay for something, all 'proof' shows delivery, but we never receive it and we end up eating the cost.

Auntie Biache'

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a fruitcake lover. :lol:

Well, apparently, there is. It would seem he has quite a few people who buy his fruitcake. If you've ever eaten a fruitcake other than Claxton, they can be good. Not to my liking, but I know people who love a home made fruitcake.

General Lee

FEDEX absolutely sucks. From now on I am going to try and avoid purchasing anything that is sent using FEDEX. One of their driver's delivered a package to the wrong house a few houses away. When the homeowner said wrong address and told the driver where the house was, the driver said, "I don't want to go down there". The neighbor said well, That's your job. What kind of crap is that! I tried filing a complaint but so far no call back. Shocking.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
When it is feasible, order online and pick up at the store or forgo FedEx and go with standard USPS if possible. I worked my Amazon Prime over pretty good yesterday so I'm hoping that everything delivers via UPS like the news is saying it should.

WheezyCarl

I recently watched a delivery person walk near my home, toss a large box from over his head while using both hands, onto my porch. After it rolled around a few times and stopped, I retrieved the package, while watching a yellow Hertz truck speed away down the road. Yes, it was my package of freshly baked cookies from my family. Fedex delivery, via a contractor. Filed a complaint, still waiting for a call back. Huh. As*holes.

transporter

Just to point out the stunningly obvious...you can go to Fedex' website and have the package delivered to a local Fedex drop off point....could be a Fedex Kinkos...Walgreens or some other more secure location than the end of someone else's driveway.

Homer J

Power Chord
Just to point out the stunningly obvious...you can go to Fedex' website and have the package delivered to a local Fedex drop off point....could be a Fedex Kinkos...Walgreens or some other more secure location than the end of someone else's driveway.
Or, here’s a crazy idea. They could do their damn job!