Fibromyalgia

lovinmaryland

Does anyone else have Fibromyalgia? If so what type of medication have you been prescribed for pain management?

I was diagnosed a while ago w/ this and my NP has put me on 3 different medicines to help w/ pain but nothing has seemed to help so far. I can manage during the pain during the day but in the evenings I am just so sore I can barely sleep. I would like to be able to fall asleep at a decent hour and stay asleep a full night. Its been so long since I can remember being able to do that.

Last edited:

SHELLRJA

I was diagnosed five years ago and have been prescribed numerous medication and thus far nothing has helped. The pain is so difficult to explain to others. I feel your pain.

lovinmaryland

I was diagnosed five years ago and have been prescribed numerous medication and thus far nothing has helped. The pain is so difficult to explain to others. I feel your pain.

Exactly. The past few prescriptions really havent done anything at all. They were stronger anti inflamitory type drugs. I dont want to seem like a freakin drug addict begging for stronger drugs or anythign :lol: but I literally cant take the pain. If I do a lot of activities say on the weekend OMG I am spent for almost the whole week.

Well thats a bummer to hear that you havent found anything to help you. I am not looking for a miracle (because I know there isnt one) but just somethign to help me at night would be nice.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I was told I had Fibromyalgia years ago then 5 years ago told it was osteoarthritis.... I started taking Move Free Advanced & COQ10 and it has really helped me a great deal. It took a few weeks to get into my system and I thought I felt worse before I felt better.... but now I can sleep without discomfort and wake up not feeling like dear Lord... just kill me now.

PrepH4U

Exactly. The past few prescriptions really havent done anything at all. They were stronger anti inflamitory type drugs. I dont want to seem like a freakin drug addict begging for stronger drugs or anythign :lol: but I literally cant take the pain. If I do a lot of activities say on the weekend OMG I am spent for almost the whole week.

Well thats a bummer to hear that you havent found anything to help you. I am not looking for a miracle (because I know there isnt one) but just somethign to help me at night would be nice.

Years ago I was prescribed pain meds, I hated feeling like a zombie. So I did some research and started taking Sam-E w/msm. It helped somewhat, now I take Wobenzym & vitamin D. The enzyme will take a bit to get into your system also. Started out w/ 10-20 tabs a day now take 4 for maintenance. I also alternate a B & a multi-vitamin. Switched mattress to a tempurpedic, that helped eliminate the hip & back pain in the middle of night that always woke me up.
The muscle pain seems to run in phases somewhat, some weeks are a achy biatch. I just double up the enzyme tabs and pop a couple of advil. So far I have been very lucky to avoid any of the pain pills. Try to keep stress level down that seems to be a trigger also.
If you want to read some research on fibro and wobenzym go to vitacost.com they have a lot of research papers on how it helps. May not work for all but it sure helped mine.

Hoover

I take cymbalta and aleve daily. But if I have a busy day I really eat motrin and tylenol because the pain is unbearable at times. I cant take the pain.

Vince

My daughter was diagnosed with it when she was 16. Tried a lot of drugs and mostly felt like she was doped up all the time. Lyrica did it for her from all that she tells me, but now she's pregnant and can't take anything at all until the baby is born.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Prep,

Sam-E w/msm is nearly the same as the Move Free Advanced... Wobenzym is something I’d never heard of but from the reviews, it seems like it works pretty well… of course, you are seeing some reviews complaining of the dreaded gas… but that is true with Move Free and Sam-E w/MSM.... anything really... even the prescription drugs can give you gas.

Hoover

It really is just a pain in the butt to have this disorder. No one understands it, no one really can explain it, but you feel horrible, your in pain, you dont want to be a drug addict, but you want the misery to go away and your frustrated and cranky! It just bites. I have had it for 7 years and get so frustrated I can scream!!!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I donrt have fibromyalgia but if my back doctor kept me in pain but not giving me decent meds, Id find another doc who would. It makes me sick when people are in real aganizing pain and all the damn doctor gives you a heavy dose of motrin. No thanks. I myself have a great doctor.

lovinmaryland

Years ago I was prescribed pain meds, I hated feeling like a zombie. So I did some research and started taking Sam-E w/msm. It helped somewhat, now I take Wobenzym & vitamin D. The enzyme will take a bit to get into your system also. Started out w/ 10-20 tabs a day now take 4 for maintenance. I also alternate a B & a multi-vitamin. Switched mattress to a tempurpedic, that helped eliminate the hip & back pain in the middle of night that always woke me up.
The muscle pain seems to run in phases somewhat, some weeks are a achy biatch. I just double up the enzyme tabs and pop a couple of advil. So far I have been very lucky to avoid any of the pain pills. Try to keep stress level down that seems to be a trigger also.
If you want to read some research on fibro and wobenzym go to vitacost.com they have a lot of research papers on how it helps. May not work for all but it sure helped mine.
Thanks I will check into that stuff. I'm willing to try anything right now.
My daughter was diagnosed with it when she was 16. Tried a lot of drugs and mostly felt like she was doped up all the time. Lyrica did it for her from all that she tells me, but now she's pregnant and can't take anything at all until the baby is born.
I am on that as well but it just hasnt started to kick in I guess. But I have heard it takes a few weeks for it to get good in your system. Your poor daughter I feel for her.
It really is just a pain in the butt to have this disorder. No one understands it, no one really can explain it, but you feel horrible, your in pain, you dont want to be a drug addict, but you want the misery to go away and your frustrated and cranky! It just bites. I have had it for 7 years and get so frustrated I can scream!!!
It really does suck! I hate it that some people wave it off like its not real or something. I can handle the pain in the day but at night it is just unbareable. Last night I woke up 4 seperate times through out the night. I'd like to just be able to sleep through the entire night w/ no pain...just once!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I personally know two people who were misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

In both cases, it turned out to be Lymes.

Excuse me if I suspect Fibromyalgia means "We're really not sure WTF is wrong with you but, we can't get paid unless it has a name..." in Latin.

Wishing you all get more better!

lovinmaryland

I personally know two people who were misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

In both cases, it turned out to be Lymes.

Excuse me if I suspect Fibromyalgia means "We're really not sure WTF is wrong with you but, we can't get paid unless it has a name..." in Latin.

Wishing you all get more better!

I saw a thread on here where a couple of people had said the same thing. My NP did lots of blood test because another thing it can be misdiagnosed for is Lupus. Luckily my results came out fine for all of those things.

hotcoffee

I use to think that gall bladder disease was "that patient has the gawl to come in here complaining of a pain from front to back!" disease...:lmao:

Seriously... Fibromyalgia is a co-infection of lyme...

Have you heard of Eptein Barr???? Also a common co-infection....

Lyme is really really really nasty enough... but you throw in the co-infections... you'll be glad you had a doctor familiar with Lyme...

:coffee: