Finders Keepers law in Maryland?

penguin6

Does anyone know what the MD law is on 'found property'? Is it yours after XX period of days or so? I found something today and filed a police report for 'found property' but was wondering how long before I can claim it.

Does anyone know what the MD law is on 'found property'? Is it yours after XX period of days or so? I found something today and filed a police report for 'found property' but was wondering how long before I can claim it.

I lost something today. It must be mine. Let me know when I can pick it up!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

The police didn't tell you when you filed the report?

Otter

Nothing to see here

32 lbs of dope?? Put your dogs away but the swat down.

I lost my virginity. Did you find that?

Geek

I am pretty sure the law says:

"Finder's Keeper's
Loser's weeper's"

YW

M

Mousebaby

I was told 30 days, but that was a long time ago, and that was with money my brother found in a wallet in the woods. It was never claimed even after we ran an ad and the two boys that found it split it when the time was up. You talk about tickled to death. It was almost 400.00 they found and they were like 11 and 13 then. :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Have you placed ads in the classifieds, so that the rightful owner of this item has a better chance of knowing that someone? If it's something you'd like to "claim" then it's probably something the owner would like to find.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

what is it? :popcorn:

waldorfman

I have a quick one to ask (goes along with this thread)...

What if you agreed to have some one park thier vehicle on your property for a temporary amount of time, and that temporary amount of time turns out to be more than three years long? Think it's legal for me to get rid of said vehicle because it's been on my property for so freakin' long and the owner hasn't moved on trying to sell it or get it off my property?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I have a quick one to ask (goes along with this thread)...

What if you agreed to have some one park thier vehicle on your property for a temporary amount of time, and that temporary amount of time turns out to be more than three years long? Think it's legal for me to get rid of said vehicle because it's been on my property for so freakin' long and the owner hasn't moved on trying to sell it or get it off my property?

Yes, It's on your property. You have the right to have it removed. Simply call a Tow Service that has an impound lot. They'll simply tow it then charge the owner for the bill if he wants it back, plus storage by the day. :lamo:

Over time they can claim it as an abandoned vehicle and even get a new registration for it. If it's worth a crap.