Five Guys' prices sparks outrage after $24 receipt goes viral: 'Highway robbery'

PeoplesElbow

The fries in that order are enough for two people. I took my mom there and we only got one order of fries between us.

That said I'd just as well go to longhorn for a burger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, the nice thing about being an American is that we have choices and if Five Guys wants to charge an arm and a leg for their burgers, there are six other burger places right around the corner. Wendy's $5 Biggie Bag!

WingsOfGold

Texas Roadhouse usually cost me 60 bucks or so for 2, sometimes more, sometimes less. I can live with that AND I enjoy the meal and GREAT standard service as long as I'm not sitting next to a screaming kid. According to my math that's 10 bucks more for a real meal with soda, iced tea or beer.
No matter where you go in the country the service is very good.

Clem72

Texas Roadhouse usually cost me 60 bucks or so for 2, sometimes more, sometimes less. I can live with that AND I enjoy the meal and GREAT standard service as long as I'm not sitting next to a screaming kid. According to my math that's 10 bucks more for a real meal with soda, iced tea or beer.
No matter where you go in the country the service is very good.
That place is far too loud for me, and i'm half deaf. Not to mention they are always out of prime rib whenever I go.

PeoplesElbow

Havent' been there for anything other than a steak.

Fair, Decent or Good?
Best burger around IMHO.

At lunch they have a buttermilk chicken sammich that is also the best chicken sammich around also IMHO.

Their fries with no seasoning are excellent. I try to limit my salt intake by leaving off the seasoning.

Reactions: BOP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
L
Longhorn is a very over looked restaurant in St Marys, food always comes out hot and the service is always excellent, very unusual for St Marys.
I agree, even though it’s a chain. A bit more upscale than, Applebees. 😂

Reactions: rio

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Missus and I decided to antiquing today and had an excellent lunch at the newish Mex place in Port Royal. 38 bucks with drinks and a 25% tip. There are still deals out there.

Reactions: BOP

Tech

Any body have the meme of the drawn lines of the animals you would eat trying to bang the hot vegan chick? Time to reevaluate the lines.

22AcaciaAve

Five Guys has always been expensive compared to other places. I've gotten lunch for me and the wife there and it's usually 2 burgers, split regular fries. Comes out to about $35. They are a cut above fast food places, but really should not be that expensive. This is what happens when you keep raising minimum wage to what is now $15 an hour and more in some places. It takes no skills to work in these places. But you can't stay in business when your production costs are higher than your selling costs. That's very simple economics.

What is amazing is how stupid the people who keep calling for higher minimum wages are. They honestly believe that raising the minimum wage helps poor people earn a living. No, not really. Because everything that is being produced by minimum wage workers now costs more by the amount you raise the minimum wage. So how did they get ahead?

Democrats kept saying that is was a myth or propaganda that if you raise the minimum wage that prices would follow. They claimed that corporation profits were high enough that they could absorb a minimum wage hike. And now this is where we are. Of course prices are going to increase when you increase the wages of the workers. That's common sense economics.