FLASH: Crash on 301, fatality

Pandora

There was a 9-year old boy killed on an ATV this weekend in W.V.

He was from La Plata. :ohwell: That sealed the deal on my decision to NOT get my boys one. In fact, I wish I could stick them in a bubble, especially when they start driving.

Let us know the information when you get it.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pandora said:

He was from La Plata. :ohwell: That sealed the deal on my decision to NOT get my boys one. In fact, I wish I could stick them in a bubble, especially when they start driving.

My friend's 19 year old brother had a horrible accident on an ATV. He's paralyzed from the neck down for life. :ohwell:

Pandora

bresamil said:
My friend's 19 year old brother had a horrible accident on an ATV. He's paralyzed from the neck down for life. :ohwell:

That is awful. I realize that anything can be dangerous. A really good friend of mine went down a sled at the Hawthorne Country Club and seriously injured himself. I think it is going to be hard enough handing over car keys when the time comes, which is something you really cannot deprive your children from doing if they are able, but I just cannot hand them the keys to something that isn’t a necessity, like an ATV.

jayden0405

Terrible

:bigwhoop:

It's terrible that this has happened, the accident was at Rt 301 & St Patricks Drive, thinking at the light???

Not sure they haven't given all the details onthe news yet.

It's a sad thing that a child's life has to be lost.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
There's been a fatal crash on Rt. 301. Not sure if anybody knows anything.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pandora said:
Did you just finish reading a Dr. Suess book? :confused:
The Lorax says no. No no, I no longer own a Suess book. However, says he, I have one book, two books, a red book and a blue book.:bunny:

rack'm

Jaded
Survivor........

Sleigh riding in the woods when I was 12......on my chest :dork:.......hit a piece of wood under the virgin snow.........broke my nose, it was sitting on my cheek bone to be exact.......I set it myself, never went to the doctors........it's still crooked..... :diva:

ATV.........my brothers, it was a week old and I was 15.......I rolled it in the driveway on the farm, through double strand, electric, barbed wire fence.....:getdown::getdown:......I still have the scars on my back and sides to this day.

Yes, I'm a lucky SOB!!!!

DDoyle

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
There's been a fatal crash on Rt. 301. Not sure if anybody knows anything.
I was at work right next to pep boys when it happened. Don't know if it's completely accurate, but a guy i work with went over to see what was going on and said that he was told a red truck was flying down 301 (he said between 85 and 90) and hit a car, which went airborne. I do know that there were 2 cars rolled over, a small child flown from the hospital, one man died, and the guy who caused the accident was fine. :mad: We never heard anything, you would think that you would hear a crash like that. One guy was leaving at about 6:30 and called before he got out of the parking lot to let us know about it, and when i left at 9:30 all of the emergency vehicles were still there. Hopefully everyone else involved is going to be ok, it looked really bad!

W

Wenchy

How did a fatality on 301 turn into a banter about ATV's?

The parents who posted, and are reading. You do not HAVE to give your children these things just to keep up with the Jonesing folk. Learn how to say "NO" and it NEVER has to happen. Your children will or will not respect you for that...so what?

When they grow up, they can gab on their cell phones and "whatnot", but until they turn 18, you have the say...period.

Joke about it all you want. You are their teachers.

Pandora

Wenchy said:
How did a fatality on 301 turn into a banter about ATV's?

Because nothing stays on topic? :ohwell:

And anyway, idol chitchat is a way to keep bumping a thread, soliciting for information. :wink:

Pandora said:

I know the grandmother of this little boy (I believe he's actually 10). Last year, his brother was injured in a 4-wheeler accident. Luckily, he survived. But his poor brother. :(

DDoyle said:
I was at work right next to pep boys when it happened. Don't know if it's completely accurate, but a guy i work with went over to see what was going on and said that he was told a red truck was flying down 301 (he said between 85 and 90) and hit a car, which went airborne. I do know that there were 2 cars rolled over, a small child flown from the hospital, one man died, and the guy who caused the accident was fine. :mad: We never heard anything, you would think that you would hear a crash like that. One guy was leaving at about 6:30 and called before he got out of the parking lot to let us know about it, and when i left at 9:30 all of the emergency vehicles were still there. Hopefully everyone else involved is going to be ok, it looked really bad!

Channel 4 this morning said only fatality was a 5-year old boy.

zigg72md

ATV's are no more dangerous then your bathroom. I have driven them (both 4 and 3 wheel) for over 15 years. Crashed a few times. I even sent a practically new Sportsmen 500 several hundred feet down a West Virginia mountain. I have had bumps, bruises, and a sprained ankle. But I also had good training, and strict supervision when I was young and starting out.

Ok I'll leave my soapbox now... Thank you for your time.