Flat Fee to List House for Sale

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just wondering, I've researched realtors in the area and all charge 6% minimum. Were did you find one at 3%? Thanks!

I think after the housing market boom, it went the way of the doodoo bird. Of all the talk of housing sales and starts being strong, which is BS, brokers, who actually set their commission rate, had to adjust because of the much lower volume in sales. Also, because of the lower list prices due to home values falling. Remember, what goes up fast in price, (think real estate bubble), comes back down to reality.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If she had tried to steer me away from that property and said something like "I wouldn't deal with FSBO's if i were you because...." say "they always mess something up and you could rack up big lawyers feel getting it settled" or some such.. maybe.. But she has given me warnings and insights on properties that she could have "tried to seal the deal" on and didn't. I'm confident she is a long time realtor for good reasons.

I'm not trying to imply she was trying to steer you away, just that she shouldn't have made you do her job by you calling the FSBO instead. Also, an agent is not supposed to give warnings or insights on properties. I know this sounds counterintuitive to an agents job. But unless they an expert, in areas such as foundations, carpentry, construction, grading, etc., they should just present the properties, and let the buyer decide, or a professional home inspector look it over. An agents opinion just gets them into trouble. There are agents that have eyes on certain properties, for whatever reasons, and will, and do, say things to discourage buyers from a certain property, only to later sell to someone else, to a friend, a business relation, or themselves. That is one reason why. Even long time agents can be shady.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

I'm not trying to imply she was trying to steer you away, just that she shouldn't have made you do her job by you calling the FSBO instead. Also, an agent is not supposed to give warnings or insights on properties. I know this sounds counterintuitive to an agents job. But unless they an expert, in areas such as foundations, carpentry, construction, grading, etc., they should just present the properties, and let the buyer decide, or a professional home inspector look it over. An agents opinion just gets them into trouble. There are agents that have eyes on certain properties, for whatever reasons, and will, and do, say things to discourage buyers from a certain property, only to later sell to someone else, to a friend, a business relation, or themselves. That is one reason why. Even long time agents can be shady.

If I may..
You are so full of $hit, one of my mother's sold Real Estate for better than thirty years in AA co, she started with Chris Coile and it turned into Chris Coile Merrill Lynch and then a company called Annapolis Propertys and the many companies that it turned into asked her to join this all women high end real estate company.
All the realtors that I ever was around or did business with, never was I told or knew of any improprietys, laws or ethics that were broken.
She sold dozens of homes that she owned as rentals along with a few personal propertys as a agent and it never was a problem.
You seem to have this ax to grind with realtors, and most of what you are saying in just not true.

officeguy

Just wondering, I've researched realtors in the area and all charge 6% minimum. Were did you find one at 3%? Thanks!

If you are FSBO with a MLS listing, you still have to offer the buyers rep and his broker their customary 2.5 to 3%. You only save the sellers agent and broker commission over the full 5 or 6%.

Only if you are full FSBO with a spray painted sign 'no brokaas ' in the front yard you are going to pay no commission at all.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If I may..
You are so full of $hit, one of my mother's sold Real Estate for better than thirty years in AA co, she started with Chris Coile and it turned into Chris Coile Merrill Lynch and then a company called Annapolis Propertys and the many companies that it turned into asked her to join this all women high end real estate company. All the realtors that I ever was around or did business with, never was I told or knew of any improprietys, laws or ethics that were broken. She sold dozens of homes that she owned as rentals along with a few personal propertys as a agent and it never was a problem. You seem to have this ax to grind with realtors, and most of what you are saying in just not true.

That's all well and good. I'm just conveying what is taught in licensing classes and continuing education classes under the code of ethics and other subjects. There are so many "stories" and "hypotheticals" questions that come out from agents to teachers in CE classes. Agents are told what they can and can not do. What agents in the field do is many times against what they've been taught. Agents are always, always told, never give mortgage advise, you are not a loan officer or banker. Never give legal advise, you are not a lawyer. Never give home repair advise, you are not a builder or contractor. When asked of things not related to your job as an agent, recommend the client seek advise and answers from those related to the question. You are a real estate agent, only be a real estate agent. Yet many agents do these things anyway. Even though it is wrong and can get them into serious trouble. I don't have an axe to grind with realtors. Go and sign up for an ethics class at the Southern Maryland Association of Realtors in Hughesville. You will be amazed of what you will find out of what an agent can, and cannot, do.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If you are FSBO with a MLS listing, you still have to offer the buyers rep and his broker their customary 2.5 to 3%. You only save the sellers agent and broker commission over the full 5 or 6%. Only if you are full FSBO with a spray painted sign 'no brokaas ' in the front yard you are going to pay no commission at all.

This is not true. You can still pay to be on the MLS and have zero commission. In cases such as these, if the buyer wanted the property, it would be the buyer paying the sales commission, that fee, is negotiated between the buyer, agent and broker.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Like I said, one of my Mother's did it for a career. And you just have a ax to grind.

OMG. Really? I'm just conveying valid information from experience and what is actually taught by State of Maryland certified real estate licensing CE teachers. But hey, think what you will. I'm all out f*cks to give.

officeguy

If I may ...

OMG. Really? I'm just conveying valid information from experience and what is actually taught by State of Maryland certified real estate licensing CE teachers. But hey, think what you will. I'm all out f*cks to give.

You sound like someone who has taken the evening course to get a RE license but never actually worked in the industry.

officeguy

If I may ...

This is not true. You can still pay to be on the MLS and have zero commission. In cases such as these, if the buyer wanted the property, it would be the buyer paying the sales commission, that fee, is negotiated between the buyer, agent and broker.

'Have' in the sense of it being necessary to motivate represented buyers to even look at your property. If you want to limit your market further to bargain hunters and investors who just use an attorney to handle the contract, then yes you can offer a FSBO without buyers commission or a token amount like $500.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

'Have' in the sense of it being necessary to motivate represented buyers to even look at your property. If you want to limit your market further to bargain hunters and investors who just use an attorney to handle the contract, then yes you can offer a FSBO without buyers commission or a token amount like $500.

This is true. The people who do FSBO without offering commissions usually don't really care how long their property stays on the market. Or, have such low equity, and low cash on hand, as it's the only way they can sell.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I could be wrong but, I don't think officeguy was posting a positive..

Ohhhh, you were referring to post #53? Well that was just my way of saying I'm not commenting anymore, nor would be lured back into the conversation, absent a substantive reason.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

Ohhhh, you were referring to post #53? Well that was just my way of saying I'm not commenting anymore, nor would be lured back into the conversation, absent a substantive reason.

You've stated that a few times, but yet you keep posting..