Flynn pleads the Fifth

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just stop. Everyone does this. The most recent post I read was from tj.
If you like, I'll dig through yours and point out the same tactic.
Just stay on topic - you don't need to get on someone's case for something everyone does.

No, I'm not going to stop. Because everyone does it, doesn't make it right. I may be guilty of it also but at least I try to avoid it and it it's not the totality of my rebuttals as is the case with a lot of folks here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, I'm not going to stop. Because everyone does it, doesn't make it right. I may be guilty of it also but at least I try to avoid it and it it's not the totality of my rebuttals as is the case with a lot of folks here.

:lmao:

This_person

I was pointing out Trumps hypocrisy. He pled the 5th during divorce proceedings then when it came to Hillary "only someone with something to hide would plead the 5th"

Yes. If you are called to testify you should do so.

I've seen that on Huffington Post. Do you realize he's not hypocritical at all? He was guilty of adultery (punishable in NY by 90 days in jail or a $500 fine), so he chose to invoke his fifth amendment right. Then, he says, "if you plead the fifth, you're guilty." He said it because he did it. He lived it.

:shrug:

You made his point for him, using him as an example.

This_person

Why are you asking about Hillary? This thread is about Flynn.

I agree, that's why I asked Sap why he/she was asking about what Trump said, since Trump was talking about Hillary. So, since Sap was quoting Trump talking about Hillary, I asked Sap if Sap thinks Trump was right. Then, I said something to the effect of "but why are we talking about Trump when it is Flynn who is taking the fifth?"

See?

Are you incapable of addressing this issue without pointing at someone who's not the subject of this thread. Or, are you asserting that two wrongs make a right?

Neither of those.

I'm suggesting that, while completely (legally) wrong to do so, it is very difficult to have someone say that they are avoiding incriminating themselves by not answering without thinking their answer would incriminate them.

However, I fully agree it is a person's right to remain silent. I strongly support that right.

This_person

Now, I'm going to assume you do NOT mean me with this, even though it was ME you were attacking (inappropriately).

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let's be honest about this... It was a mistake for Trump to have hired Flynn to begin with. I remember when it all went down and I was just shaking my head. Now it's biting Trump in the ass. Flynn was damaged goods from the beginning. And it's completely fair to tie Trump to the whole Flynn scandal in the sense that the Trump team failed to vet Flynn properly.

However, what Flynn did regarding the Russians is Flynn's. If I married someone who I knew was a felon and they went on to commit murder, does that mean I should be held accountable for that murder, even though I had nothing to do with it?

The left has made their intentions clear, that anything that happens surrounding Trump is an opportunity to take Trump down. It's just that simple.

Toxick

Splat
Hillary just says she can't remember is that the same as the Fifth?

Bottom line - yeah. I guess. They both yield the same result. However, "I don't recall" sounds like a steamy load of BS to me. Personally, I'd rather she say, "I'm not answering that" or "It is my right to refuse to answer" - or just own the #### and say, "I plead the fifth, so bite me".

"I don't recall" is (quite probably) a lie.

"I invoke my 5th Amendment Right" is most assuredly not.