Food critic says ‘you shouldn’t eat Chick-fil-A’ for political reasons — and it instantly backfires

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do you disagree?

Yes, because:

I agree unfortunately there are insane people out there who are trying to boycott Mcdonald's right now because the changed their box to a rainbow for Pride month. Or 1 million moms who are against target or starbucks because they are pro diversity and inclusive.

You're comparing apples to oranges. McDonald's publicly celebrating Gay Pride Month by changing their box and actively promoting it is NOT the same as Chick-Fil-A not doing a damn thing publicly to promote anything except Eat More Chikun. There is not one single thing inside their stores or in their packaging that would tip anyone off to a political affiliation. They are pushing nothing except their delicious chicken sams. Unlike Starbucks and Target, they have made exactly zero political statements with regard to their business model or as a marketing campaign.

So not only is that not in the same league, it's not even playing the same sport.

If you think they ARE the same thing, you are stupid and there's no reason to continue this discussion with you.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Thanks for telling me what I believe and where I shop. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I'm at chikfila.

I figured you were a gluten free, gmo free, hormone free, antibiotic free, vegan that only ate sprouts that were vetted by a Rabbi to make sure they were ready to sacrifice their life for you......

I will take Chik-fil-A over McD's any day of the week. Not only for the quality of the food, but because of their beliefs. And not because I agree or disagree with them, but because of their beliefs overflows to the workplace and workers, I know I will be greeted by pleasant, smiling, helpful people who are truly happy to be there and happy to help you in anyway they can. Not because they have to, but because they want to.

At McD's, you barely get eye contact let alone someone who wants to be there. Helpful? Ha! You're lucky you get your order right and heaven forbid you have to ask for something. It's like they are going out of their way, above and beyond, and not getting compensated for being nice to you.

Freefaller

Isn't that the whole point of a food critic to give his opinion?

Ive read many reviews where the talk about the decor, noise level, chef, not just the food.

Get a grip

After reading this, this morning, I decided to go out of my way today and go to a Chic-Fil-A for lunch. I drove from my office to the Chic-Fil-A in Bowie (Near the Baysox stadium).
At 12:30, the line for the drive-thru was around the building and leaked out onto the side road. After waiting for a few minutes, I was able to get into the parking lot where I parked my car and went in to the restaurant. Every table was full and there were 10 people in line waiting to place their orders. I was determined to wait as long as necessary but I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to place my order and was out the door in less than 5 minutes. The kids working behind the counter were friendly, fast and efficient. Thanks Chic-Fil-A, I will be back! By the way, I didn't see or hear anything that related to anyone's political or religious beliefs.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Unless a boycott has a substantial chance to HURT the business or group involved - they typically don't accomplish a damned thing.

Even some of the more famous "succesful" boycotts took a very long time and "accomplished" their goal only because the group in question didn't need to do whatever action the protest was for.

Similarly - "protests" typically accomplish EVEN less, because they don't hurt anyone at all - it's just loud complaining.

Restitution

I agree unfortunately there are insane people out there who are trying to boycott Mcdonald's right now because they bowed to political pressure.. Or 1 million moms who are against target or starbucks because they bowed to political pressure.

Fixed :popcorn:

Toxick

Splat
I'm currently boycotting McDonald's.

...Until they make McRib a permanent part of their menu nationwide. Once that happens, they could sell them in rainbow boxes, or wrap them in a friggin' burqa*, I don't care.

*PS: Although on second thought, wrapping pork in a traditional muslim garment is probably disrespectful and I should have thought that through before I wrote it.

SamSpade

...Until they make McRib a permanent part of their menu nationwide.

Oh, no. McRib is an abomination to lovers of ribs worldwide. I'm not sure what kind of meat they use, but if it's rib meat, I have doubts about the animal.

For me, McD's is something I'll do when I'm hungry and haven't eaten there in a while.
Because with the exception of their fries, continued eating convinces me that most of their food is lacking in any kind of flavor at all.
They really do sell "nothing" burgers.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh, no. McRib is an abomination to lovers of ribs worldwide..

I love me a McRib...and can't recall ever even comparing one to real ribs, or expecting it to taste like real ribs. McRib is it's own gloriously gauche inducement to heart failure..with few if any peers.

I've nearly caused traffic accidents having made a sudden 4-lane change and illegal U-turn after spying the "McRib is Back" sign stuck in the ground in front of a Mickey D's on opposite side of the highway...

;-)

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
Oh, no. McRib is an abomination to lovers of ribs worldwide. I'm not sure what kind of meat they use, but if it's rib meat, I have doubts about the animal.

I am a rib lover, and I would agree. Usually...

I don't know why - but McRib has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I know that some people find it disgusting, and I, myself, usually find food of this kind to be unappetizing and horrific ... but there's is just something about that sandwich that causes me to ignore everything my body and left-brain tell me and eat the hell out of it when it's available.

Maybe it's good that it's not always on the menu, or I'd McRib my way to an early grave.

Toxick

Splat
s-l1600jpg.jpg

I also wish they'd bring this sublime delight back to life.

Hijinx

I go to MacDonalds when I am constipated. The Big Mac moves me within minutes.

As for the rainbow box , send it back and demand a different box or wrap it in a paper towel. refuse to take it in the rainbow box.