Food trends

I wouldn't mind a good cauliflower recipe. I'm doing low carb and would like to experiment with it.
My brother is vegetarian and when he comes to visit and have dinner a standard I make for him is baked buffalo cauliflower. you simply smooth cauliflower in buffalo sauce and bake it and it's a vegetarian way to each buffalo wings except you can call it buffalo clouds.

JeJeTe

Happiness
My brother is vegetarian and when he comes to visit and have dinner a standard I make for him is baked buffalo cauliflower. you simply smooth cauliflower in buffalo sauce and bake it and it's a vegetarian way to each buffalo wings except you can call it buffalo clouds.

This sounds good! I know it can be substituted for rice and such but I wasn't sure how well it substituted but I guess if you don't expect rice then it shouldn't be too bad.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I love spaghetti squash and love it with sauce, made into casseroles with pizza or other Italian-like toppings and sauce. Great lower carb alternative.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This sounds good! I know it can be substituted for rice and such but I wasn't sure how well it substituted but I guess if you don't expect rice then it shouldn't be too bad.

https://m.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

I follow this page for some interesting recipes, and once in awhile will make one of them if they aren't too high in fat. We do low carb, bit mostly I try to go with healthy (overall) whole food choices. Portion control, also.

Weekends we cheat more. Everything in moderation.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Quinoa (bleck :dead:)

:yeahthat:

I also don't know if anybody else has noticed, but there are a lot of "Yankee" celebrity chefs telling folks to eat grits and then the instructions they provide for making grits are all :barf: The overall idea / recipe is a good one, but they do not know how to make grits.

lovinmaryland

:yeahthat:

I also don't know if anybody else has noticed, but there are a lot of "Yankee" celebrity chefs telling folks to eat grits and then the instructions they provide for making grits are all :barf: The overall idea / recipe is a good one, but they do not know how to make grits.
I know! Sorry you need butter (lots of it) and cream (TONS of it) No instant crap. Now I've got that scene from my cousin Vinny going through my head :lol:

I want to like that Damarius chick (southern at heart) but god her recipes look awful. She can't just make an authentic southern recipe she has to add some crazy ass twist. Ok we get it you like coconut oil you dont have to use it in every freaking recipe :rolleyes:

I know! Sorry you need butter (lots of it) and cream (TONS of it) No instant crap. Now I've got that scene from my cousin Vinny going through my head :lol:

I want to like that Damarius chick (southern at heart) but god her recipes look awful. She can't just make an authentic southern recipe she has to add some crazy ass twist. Ok we get it you like coconut oil you dont have to use it in every freaking recipe :rolleyes:

Coconut oil....yuck!! I tried, I really did but it's gross. And have you heard of oil-pulling? You put coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for like 20 minutes. Ick, no way no how :barf:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Coconut oil....yuck!! I tried, I really did but it's gross. And have you heard of oil-pulling? You put coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around for like 20 minutes. Ick, no way no how :barf:

What is that supposed to accomplish?

There's apparently lots of benefits with removing toxins from your body and whitening your teeth but.....ew! Just ew.