Ford F-150 questions/issues

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wife just bought an F-150 Black Widow...5.0 Coyote V8 and the 10-speed trans. Shew...that thing is nice. Shifts like a dream...
Watched a video where they performed rear wheel dyno tests and then raqn 1/4 drags. 14.7 seconds!. If I recall correctly, that's about the same 1/4-mile times as the 1970 Hemi-Cuda.
I saw one of those on the lot a few years ago when I bought my truck.

There wasn't an option I could think of it didn't have installed.

Pricey too.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I saw one of those on the lot a few years ago when I bought my truck.

There wasn't an option I could think of it didn't have installed.

Pricey too.
I'm amazed at all the "stuff" that truck has.....momma is going to sit in it over the weekend and go through the entire operators manual from one end to the other, as well as get her cell phone paired up and the Sirius/XM working. The stereo system? ..OMFG..Bang and Olufsen 8-speaker... Mind blown. None of that crappy Bose stuff..LOL.

Heck...I'm a simple man. I was tickled to no end with the powered running board steps that extend when you open the door and retract when you close it.

Kinnakeet

Wife just bought an F-150 Black Widow...5.0 Coyote V8 and the 10-speed trans. Shew...that thing is nice. Shifts like a dream...
Watched a video where they performed rear wheel dyno tests and then raqn 1/4 drags. 14.7 seconds!. If I recall correctly, that's about the same 1/4-mile times as the 1970 Hemi-Cuda.
You recall correct...Hell my daughters mini van can probably outrun most of the muscle cars from the 60's-70
But these vehicles will never be as cool as a hemi 'Cuda or any of the cars from the muscle car era.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm amazed at all the "stuff" that truck has.....momma is going to sit in it over the weekend and go through the entire operators manual from one end to the other, as well as get her cell phone paired up and the Sirius/XM working. The stereo system? ..OMFG..Bang and Olufsen 8-speaker... Mind blown. None of that crappy Bose stuff..LOL.

Heck...I'm a simple man. I was tickled to no end with the powered running board steps that extend when you open the door and retract when you close it.
Start a new piggy bank fund for all the repairs to all those super creature comforts. You know they're gonna break.... and the more you have, the greater the likelihood.

Kinnakeet

Our Subaru has the Bang&Olufsen system also very very nice and the owners manual for the dam thing is about 3.5 inches thick there is stuff on the thing that I will never even find let alone use,some stuff I had to read to turn it off like lane departure and self drive and the annoying You should take a break with a icon of a steamy coffee cup as it was telling me were to go to find the coffee.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Start a new piggy bank fund for all the repairs to all those super creature comforts. You know they're gonna break.... and the more you have, the greater the likelihood.
I'll be the first to admit I had a few reservations about the high-end XLT I bought for that same reason.

But at this point, I'll endure the risk for the comforts. :lmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Thinking about that, so many of those common features on them now were nightmares for earlier adopters.

Corvettes Digital Dash back in the 90s, NAV systems around that time frame also had lots of issues. Can't remember who first put cameras in the vehicles but I'm sure they broke often too.

black dog

Free America

That song was about you?