Ford trucks....

GregV814

Chevrolet, Internatinal, Dodge had "suburban" style trucks for years. Tey were popular for surveyors, families and some delivery companies.

Except for the famous Woody wagons, Ford never had a truck like those. No, not Panel trucks, but similar to an old International or Chevrolet.

Maybe they figured the competition covered the format. Yeah, I know, the had the family van style econoline, but thats about it in the County.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my Boy Scout leaders had an International Travelall very similar to this one.
1687632226337.png

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I had a manual sport trak. I was able to tow 4 down behind the RV with no modifications at all. When I switched to the Jeep, I had to get a bunch of after market upgrades. They stopped production of the sport trak in 2010. Too bad because it was perfect for my needs. The F150 was just too much truck to pull with a gasoline RV.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Chevrolet, Internatinal, Dodge had "suburban" style trucks for years. Tey were popular for surveyors, families and some delivery companies.

Except for the famous Woody wagons, Ford never had a truck like those. No, not Panel trucks, but similar to an old International or Chevrolet.

Maybe they figured the competition covered the format. Yeah, I know, the had the family van style econoline, but thats about it in the County.
Ford-Mexico produced one for many years...the B100. Always been a mystery why that was not available in US to compete with the Suburban and Travelall.

The Dodge Ramcharger was little different than Ford Bronco or Chevy Blazer from '78 on..so Ford at least had an entry in that class.