Found: Chihuahua

MysticalMom said:
I only have a quick second....BUT. I'm sooooooooo happy!! His daddy has been found!!

I'm sorry ladies. No Paco, Taco, Saco, Gizmo, Whatchamacallit, this time.
That's alright, they can get a feeder rat (as in the large white ones they sell as food for snakes) from the pet store for about $5.00 that'd be cuter, bigger and probably smarter too.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Running off must be a chihuahua thing. The little one, the dog and I went out the patio door awhile ago to go out front so the little one could ride his bike and play with the dog. We walk around the side of the house, and running toward us is the fattest little chihuahua I've ever seen. Cody immediately ran between my legs, looking at her and wagging his tail. She kept her distance but was doing the "play with me" dance, as her owner stood on his front porch yelling "Misty!!!!" (she was not listening). Cody finally got up the nerve to play with her just as she realized she was being beckoned and ran back to her daddy. I have a feeling this isn't the last we've seen of little Misty. :lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
MysticalMom said:
I only have a quick second....BUT. I'm sooooooooo happy!! His daddy has been found!!

The owner of the dog is Butch Wood that we were talking about this a.m. He's an older guy. His son is coming right now to pick him up. I'll tell everyone the whole story when I get it. (later tonight if I don't have too much to drink) :lmao:

I'm sorry ladies. No Paco, Taco, Saco, Gizmo, Whatchamacallit, this time.

:yay: Myst...Good joke, you had em going for 2 days... :killingme :killingme

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
otter said:
:yay: Myst...Good joke, you had em going for 2 days... :killingme :killingme

It wasn't a joke otter. :lmao: I swear.

Well the dogs name was, get this, Stinker. :lmao:
Apparently the dog is known for running off. (I'm not even gonna go there :rolleyes:) He traveled through the woods from his daddy's house to mine. They got home from "up the road" (whatever that means) saw the note and flyer and called and came and got him. HE WENT nutso when he saw them! Was a happy happy boy.

Doggy saved. End of story.

PrepH4U

I went to Butch's house and no one was home. I left a flyer taped to his door with a note that said someone told me it could be his dog, but no one called. I'll go by there again this afternoon.

Hey...what does Butch's wife look like do ya know? And do you know if she drives a white car?

MysticalMom said:

Apparently the dog is known for running off. (I'm not even gonna go there :rolleyes:) He traveled through the woods from his daddy's house to mine. They got home from "up the road" (whatever that means) saw the note and flyer and called and came and got him. HE WENT nutso when he saw them! Was a happy happy boy.

hmmm you did a good thing Myst, I was sitting here thinking about that poor little guy, IF they were up the road and it took a couple of days to pick him up. I wonder who was supposed to be taking care of the poor little guy as they would have seen that flyer you left when they came to tend to him. AND if they knew he is prone to running off why in the h*ll didn't they have a collar and name tag on him to guarantee his safe return that is if he is not hit by a car! I swear some people are so ignorant!
I say if there ever is a next time give him to one of the ones on here who would give him a good home. :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Stinker

MysticalMom said:

Glad that the dog is home. But you'll probably see him again.... :whistle:
Up the Road is ...Ridge slang for out of town.... :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
jazz lady said:
I hope you find his home before you get too attached, MysticalMom. :huggy:

He looks an awful lot like my sister's chihuahua but he's safe at home being "mommy" to his four puppies. Here's one of them at 3 weeks old:
Ummm,,,

Do we have a female pup in that bunch?
are they AKC?
and, if yes to the above, are the pups going to be sold or whatever?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
PrepH4U said:
hmmm you did a good thing Myst, I was sitting here thinking about that poor little guy, IF they were up the road and it took a couple of days to pick him up. I wonder who was supposed to be taking care of the poor little guy as they would have seen that flyer you left when they came to tend to him. AND if they knew he is prone to running off why in the h*ll didn't they have a collar and name tag on him to guarantee his safe return that is if he is not hit by a car! I swear some people are so ignorant!
I say if there ever is a next time give him to one of the ones on here who would give him a good home. :huggy:

That's exactly what I meant when I said I wasn't gonna go there. But since you did, I will too. :lmao:

THOSE were my exact thoughts. If you were gone so long WHO was watching him? Why didn't they at least call the shelter/animal control/vets and ask? If you KNOW the dog runs away then put a freakin' collar and tag on him?

But he was sooooooooooooooo happy to see his family. I had no doubt he loved them very much and vice versa. They just need a lesson in little doggie 101.

MysticalMom said:
That's exactly what I meant when I said I wasn't gonna go there. But since you did, I will too. :lmao:

THOSE were my exact thoughts. If you were gone so long WHO was watching him? Why didn't they at least call the shelter/animal control/vets and ask? If you KNOW the dog runs away then put a freakin' collar and tag on him?

But he was sooooooooooooooo happy to see his family. I had no doubt he loved them very much and vice versa. They just need a lesson in little doggie 101.
yep sounds like a dog that found us, no tags, well trained, so we put him in the car and decided to drive the roads looking for posters or any clue. We found the owners and he said oh yeah we just got back from vacation and he stayed right here in the yard, we left to get groceries and seeing there was no car in the driveway he will always run off! Sometimes he goes to the neighbors to visit their dogs... hello???? Not the brightest crayon in the box!
A week later he was back (about a mile away) sitting at our door. Daughter loaded him back up and took him home, this happened 3 times, last time he cried and didn't want out of the car. Next time we will find him a home that will appreciate him!

W

Wenchy

MysticalMom said:
I LOVE happy endings. I just hope they take my suggestion and get him a collar and tag.

:yeahthat: Maybe they can get him "chipped" too. I know of several animals that have managed to get their collars/tags off.

I'm happy to hear that "Stinker" was so happy to see his family.

You're a special person for doing all that you did. :huggy:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Wenchy said:
:yeahthat: Maybe they can get him "chipped" too. I know of several animals that have managed to get their collars/tags off.

I'm happy to hear that "Stinker" was so happy to see his family.

You're a special person for doing all that you did. :huggy:

Awwwwww thanks Wench :huggy: ..I didn't do anything most wouldn't do. And I hope someone else would be kind enough to find me if they found my dogs. They're not chipped, but they all have collars and tags. :yay: