Four armed robberies in six days? Lex Park rocking it

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not sure what's going on but a cant open their webpage on my phone anymore.

The story:

During the month of November, deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to three separate incidents where a robbery was reported. Deputies made contact with victims and witnesses who confirmed an unknown African American male brandished a handgun while demanding money; the suspect subsequently fled the scenes on foot. Based on information provided it was determined the crimes had been committed by the same individual.
The investigations were continued by the Criminal Investigations Division, and detectives identified a fourteen year old male from Lexington Park, as the individual responsible for the crimes.
On November 15, 2017, the juvenile was apprehended and transported to Boy’s Village of Maryland in Cheltenham.
The juvenile will remain detained at the facility pending further court proceedings. Additional criminal charges are forthcoming.
The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Maryland State Police and the Department of Juvenile Services for their assistance with this investigation.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact Detective Brian Fennessey at (301) 475-4200 extension *8103 or by email at brian.fennessey@stmarysmd.com.

Baker12

Wait, I thought Lex Park was ranked #3 in the most wonderful places to live in the world poll?

Nope, its still a cesspool of druggies, hookers, and Canadians

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think we've cover this before. These "rankings" are pure statistical BS. You cherry pick a few metrics and then consider LP city is really all of 20653.
Someone did a good job of sweeping up the druggies / drunks and "hookers" - which honestly I can't say I saw. But they are easy pickings.
The more violent thugs are still there, drug dealers and other criminals.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, where did the 14 year old get a handgun? Did he steal it, or was it an illegal handgun provided to him from someone who should spend some serious time in jail for doing so?

Baker12

If you go to any of the trailer parks or ghettoes in Lex Park, and there are a lot of them, you could find a firearm pretty easily.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So, where did the 14 year old get a handgun? Did he steal it, or was it an illegal handgun provided to him from someone who should spend some serious time in jail for doing so?

If you go to any of the trailer parks or ghettoes in Lex Park, and there are a lot of them, you could find a firearm pretty easily.

At some point it illegally obtain, probably by theft. Then it gets passed around, it becomes a commodity in the underground market.
No self respecting drug dealer is going to be caught without a weapon or two - for self protection. We aren't talking about the little user / reseller, anyone carrying around significant amounts of cash and drugs is gong to be armed.

glhs837

Power with Control
Which speaks to my point. Nail down the ones who use a firearm illegally. Real jail time, every single time. No parole, no plea deals. Caught with an illegal gun, X amount of years. Use one in the commision of a crime, 5 times that time. Shoot someone with it, 20 times the time.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Which speaks to my point. Nail down the ones who use a firearm illegally. Real jail time, every single time. No parole, no plea deals. Caught with an illegal gun, X amount of years. Use one in the commision of a crime, 5 times that time. Shoot someone with it, 20 times the time.

As I recall, Vermont had firearms charges/sentencing like that when i was going to college there in the late 70's.
Just carrying a firearm during the commission of a crime, even if it was never seen, added 5 years straight time on top of any sentence,
brandishing 10 years, discharge without injury, 15...

BernieP

Resident PIA

As I recall, Vermont had firearms charges/sentencing like that when i was going to college there in the late 70's.
Just carrying a firearm during the commission of a crime, even if it was never seen, added 5 years straight time on top of any sentence,
brandishing 10 years, discharge without injury, 15...

you can all thank the former administration, 8 years of "he could have been my son". Those penalties were seen as to harsh on minorities.
I will also say this, mandatory sentences are not the way to go either. Sometimes the punishment doesn't fit the crime and discretion is needed. But that doesn't mean feeling sorry for the boy because he was just trying to make a living selling drugs. I will call it as I see and hear it, as long as a disproportionate number of blacks are being sent to jail... Reduced sentences or plea deals will be the rule of the day. We look at only numbers and can't honestly say, hey, you have a problem in your "community" with violence.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I think, when I was going to college, Vermont was about 95% folks of European heritage, 4% of First Peoples and the other 1% other ethnicities.

Heck, my hometown in Massachusetts, when I was in grade school (early - late 60's) there were only 6 families of predominant Sub-Saharan African heritage out of 24,000 people.