Four punks off the street

johnjrval424

what other constitutional rights are there that require a permit to be allowed?

you get a permit or a license for a privilage
you just get to exercise your rights.

when did gun ownership go from a right to a privilage?

Individual states still regulate with regard to gun ownership. It is a constitutional amendment but not one that the Supreme Court has applied to all states.

Our illustrious leaders (MD House and Senate) were the ones that came up with the permit idea. That's why there is such contention each time the subject comes up about possessing firearms in Maryland because those who giveth can also taketh away.

Vince

They did something illegal in MD by having loaded weapons in the car.
Not just illegal in Md. Just about every state unless you have a permit to carry concealed. I'm pretty sure these idiots didn't have the guns registered or have a permit to carry concealed hence the charges, "Illegal Possession of Regulated Firearm, and 2 counts Concealed Weapon."

Vince

They did something illegal in MD by having loaded weapons in the car.
Not just illegal in Md. Just about every state unless you have a permit to carry concealed. I'm pretty sure these idiots didn't have the guns registered or have a permit to carry concealed hence the charges, "Illegal Possession of Regulated Firearm, and 2 counts Concealed Weapon." Gangsta wannabees.

BOP

Individual states still regulate with regard to gun ownership. It is a constitutional amendment but not one that the Supreme Court has applied to all states.

Our illustrious leaders (MD House and Senate) were the ones that came up with the permit idea. That's why there is such contention each time the subject comes up about possessing firearms in Maryland because those who giveth can also taketh away.

You must have skipped the day in class when they talked about the power residing in the people. It is we the people who delegate our power to those we elect in order to govern in our name. Something the elected would do well to remember.

I vote we start a "slap a senator day," just to remind them.

foodcritic

unless they actually did something wrong that involved those guns, I think they should be allowed to carry them. Providing they are of age and have no felony convictions behind them.

anything less is a watering down of the constitution. You cant keep a gun out of someones hand simply because you dont like the way they look.

I believe the guy was arrested for DUI. The issue is illegally possessing. If they had a license and it was properly stored (what ever that maybe) that would be OK. However I don't think any of the legal conditions for carrying were met that night...... I also think I heard that passengers had warrants..

johnjrval424

You must have skipped the day in class when they talked about the power residing in the people. It is we the people who delegate our power to those we elect in order to govern in our name. Something the elected would do well to remember.

I vote we start a "slap a senator day," just to remind them.

Nope - I was there and got an "A" on the test for this question: Who elects politicians into positions of authority to act on our behalf? "registered voters."

If you put them there, then you have to live by their decisions, not ours, until you successfully vote them out of office.

R

RadioPatrol

for a short while anyway.

Good job, Deputies!

:confused:

Police say they subsequently found a loaded shotgun and a loaded 9mm pistol within the reach of the occupants of the vehicle when they searched the SUV.

4 ppl in an SUV how would any weapon not be in reach, locked in a Gun Case or Not ... :evil: I'll wait for sompd / smcop to drive by and tell me I am an idoit :whistle:

Illegal Possession of Regulated Firearm

I wonder which weapon was regulated ?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RadioPatrol

Not just illegal in Md. Just about every state unless you have a permit to carry concealed. I'm pretty sure these idiots didn't have the guns registered or have a permit to carry concealed hence the charges, "Illegal Possession of Regulated Firearm, and 2 counts Concealed Weapon."

Yes, but I believe in VA you can place in plan site on the dash and down the road you go ...... :whistle:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I think it should be legal for them to be carrying around loaded weapons!

what if they were robbed?!

Problem is that people like you can't see that no matter what gun control laws are put in place these kind of people are still going to have guns.

So right, lets ban them for all of the law abidding citizens. Brilliant.