Fox removes report from website about murdered DNC staffer

Midnightrider

Yeah, about that.....
Hannity doesn't hold a public office, he's an entertainer.. who cares..

On the other hand.. let's talk about he black supremacist that the President is pals with..

"On June 10, Fox News anchor Shep Smith made headlines with his response to the shooting by a white supremacist at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. He said the incident showed that the much-maligned DHS report on violent, right-wing extremists was a “warning to us all,” even though “the right went absolutely bonkers” in response to it. The right quickly went after him, calling for his resignation from Fox News. In a new interview with the New York Times, Smith responds:

“When a crazy man has walked into a Holocaust museum and shot the security guard, maybe that’s an appropriate time to warn people: you’ve got a crazy person in your life, keep an eye on him,” he said in an interview in his Manhattan office last week.

Mr. Smith said he fully anticipated one result of those comments: the nasty e-mail increased.

“Thousands of them,” Mr. Smith said. “And I know they don’t mean the things they say. I know they don’t hate me and want death on my family.”

What they mostly say, he explained, is: “You don’t belong there.” Mr. Smith paused a moment before adding: “I do belong here.”

Smith said that his colleagues, such as Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck, arefascinating, terrific entertainer(s),” but that he tries to provide the “news” in Fox News."

Source: Think Progress » Shep Smith responds to right-wing critics: ‘I do belong here’ at Fox News.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You guys are the ones who classified hannity as an entertainer. :shrug:

He screwed up and said his source was the fox reporter who was doing the inteview?

So, now you're talking about Hannity? I wish you'd make up your mind. :lol:

You guys? You mean itsbob? There is much of what Hannity does that is meant to be entertaining. Most of what he does is his opinion on politics and current events. His job is to inform his audience. I don't watch his show, so I don't care what he has to say.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am pretty sure CNN already addressed the reality that the Seth Rich wikilinks murder conspiracy has no basis in fact.

Now they can address the reality that WashPo and NYT's crazy stories from "anonymous sources" have no basis in fact.

I won't hold my breath.

Midnightrider

So, now you're talking about Hannity? I wish you'd make up your mind. :lol:

You guys? You mean itsbob? There is much of what Hannity does that is meant to be entertaining. Most of what he does is his opinion on politics and current events. His job is to inform his audience. I don't watch his show, so I don't care what he has to say.

You brought hannity up. I never mentioned him prior to that.
I mean 'you people', the ones who want to listen to his conspiracy theories and call him an entertainer to excuse it.

So I guess you are conceding wheeler recanted?

PsyOps

Pixelated
You brought hannity up. I never mentioned him prior to that.

Uhhh... yeah :lol:

Gotta remember that hannity is not a news man, he is an entertainer. Fox is addressing the reality

I mean 'you people', the ones who want to listen to his conspiracy theories and call him an entertainer to excuse it.

So I guess you are conceding wheeler recanted?

Can you please provide the source where Wheeler recanted anything? He is still investigating Rich's death, at the request of his parents. The only thing I've seen that Wheeler did was change who his source was. He never said he was recanting his belief that Rich was leaking DNC info to the Russians, and that there might be something suspicious about his death along those lines.

Midnightrider

Uhhh... yeah :lol:

Can you please provide the source where Wheeler recanted anything? He is still investigating Rich's death, at the request of his parents. The only thing I've seen that Wheeler did was change who his source was. He never said he was recanting his belief that Rich was leaking DNC info to the Russians, and that there might be something suspicious about his death along those lines.

i already did.

Wheeler instead said he only learned about the possible existence of such evidence through the reporter he spoke to for the FoxNews.com story. He explained that the comments he made to WTTG-TV were intended to simply preview Fox News' Tuesday story. The WTTG-TV news director did not respond to multiple requests for comment.
"I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News," Wheeler told CNN.

That's not 'changing his source'

PsyOps

Pixelated
i already did.

We've been over this quote. The word 'recant' does not show up. That quote doesn't even remotely infer that Wheeler or Fox has recanted anything. Fox in on record saying they will continue to follow the story. And, as I already mentioned, Wheeler is still retained by the Rich family to investigate Seth's death.

Midnightrider

We've been over this quote. The word 'recant' does not show up. That quote doesn't even remotely infer that Wheeler or Fox has recanted anything. Fox in on record saying they will continue to follow the story. And, as I already mentioned, Wheeler is still retained by the Rich family to investigate Seth's death.

:killingme

Exactly how do you interpret wheelers statement?

How about this update to the interview from Fox5.

What he told FOX 5 DC on camera Monday regarding Seth Rich's murder investigation is in clear contrast to what he has said over the last 48 hours. Rod Wheeler has since backtracked.

In the past 48 hours, Rod Wheeler has told other media outlets he did not get his information from FBI sources, contradicting what he told us on Monday.

Since Rod Wheeler backtracked Tuesday, FOX 5 DC attempted incessantly to communicate with him, but he didn't return calls or emails.

On Wednesday, just before our newscast, Wheeler responded to our requests via a telephone conversation, where he now backtracks his position and Wheeler characterizes his on-the-record and on-camera statements as "miscommunication."
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/254852337-story