Fractivists Weep

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Of course there's risk. There's risk in everythign. But risk does not equate to "clearly messing things up."

And if you think that EPA wouldn't shut down fracking if they could then you haven't been paying attention to what they do.

Ok, we're quibbling here. Fracking, the operation of, is 'messing' things up from the standpoint that is it drilling into the earth, pumping stuff in, displacing other stuff and masquerading as virtually zero risk. We're creating voids. We're cracking up sub surface. If you don't like 'messing' things up, what would be a better word, 'changing' things?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And if you think that EPA wouldn't shut down fracking if they could then you haven't been paying attention to what they do.

Now you are changing the conversation to politics, like a manic, ADD, short attention span, frantic, manic depressive going from highs to lows.

:lol:

:buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Ok, we're quibbling here. Fracking, the operation of, is 'messing' things up from the standpoint that is it drilling into the earth, pumping stuff in, displacing other stuff and masquerading as virtually zero risk. We're creating voids. We're cracking up sub surface. If you don't like 'messing' things up, what would be a better word, 'changing' things?

That's like saying that Taco Bell is clearly "messing up" the weather because farts contain methane. You are focussing on a tiny part of the big picture. Sure, it seems like fracking would be causing major disruptions. Until you look at the actual scale of what's being done. We've been drilling for oil for over a century. Compared to the natural processes taking place below our feet right now, I just don't see how fracking amounts to anything more than a flea bite on an elephants ass.

For someone who is skeptical of climate hysteria without scientific data to back it up, you sure are jumping on the fracking panic hard.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Now you are changing the conversation to politics, like a manic, ADD, short attention span, frantic, manic depressive going from highs to lows.

:lol:

:buddies:
You're the one who discounted EPA as if they are some sort of pro-fracking cheerleaders. If you look at them, you'll see that they've been begging anyone to come up with a case that they can actually document so that they can finally do what they live for - regulate fracking out of business.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Heck, a decade ago, fracking proponents made the argument that the potential damage and contamination would make more than enough money to make it a very small and worth it cost to just ship in drinking water to affected people. That's an admission and a justification.

So ...has anyone's drinking water been proven to have been contaminated in any way by fracking activity?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're the one who discounted EPA as if they are some sort of pro-fracking cheerleaders. If you look at them, you'll see that they've been begging anyone to come up with a case that they can actually document so that they can finally do what they live for - regulate fracking out of business.

That. The EPA invested a tremendous amount of time and resources to try and prove their foregone conclusions about fracking..and very, very reluctantly had to report their actual findings instead.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
So ...has anyone's drinking water been proven to have been contaminated in any way by fracking activity?

Come on now, they've only been fracking for about half a century. It's guaranteed to happen since it is "clearly messing things up." Or maybe the fractivists at the EPA are intentionally ignoring the "clearly messed up" water.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
, you sure are jumping on the fracking panic hard.

That would be an exaggeration and I guess you're just bored today. I didn't say or claim anything dramatic or hyperbolic. I didn't scream the sky is falling. So, I guess this is where we are today; if someone isn't going over board, pretend they are?

Nature always fills a void. If you kill the grass along your walkway, weeds will take over The permafrost is melting in Siberia so the methane is building where ice used to be. If you get rid of snakes the rodent population takes over. If you get rid of bats the bugs take over, etc. etc. I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nature always fills a void. If you kill the grass along your walkway, weeds will take over The permafrost is melting in Siberia so the methane is building where ice used to be. If you get rid of snakes the rodent population takes over. If you get rid of bats the bugs take over, etc. etc. I'm just sayin'.

What void? The ones where we pumped oil out of the ground and the whole ocean drained out?

MMDad

Lem Putt
That would be an exaggeration and I guess you're just bored today. I didn't say or claim anything dramatic or hyperbolic. I didn't scream the sky is falling. So, I guess this is where we are today; if someone isn't going over board, pretend they are?

"Clearly messing things up" when there is absolutely zero evidence in more than 50 years isn't an overreaction?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Clearly messing things up" when there is absolutely zero evidence in more than 50 years isn't an overreaction?

Hydraulic fracturing is the fracturing of rock by a pressurized liquid. Some hydraulic fractures form naturally—certain veins or dikes are examples. Induced hydraulic fracturing (also hydrofracturing, fracking, and fraccing) is a well-stimulation technique in which a high-pressure fluid (usually water mixed with sand and chemicals) is injected into a wellbore in order to create small fractures (usually less than 1.0 mm wide) in the deep-rock formations in order to allow natural gas, petroleum, and brine to migrate to the well. When the hydraulic pressure is removed from the well, small grains of hydraulic fracturing proppants (either sand or aluminium oxide) hold open the small fractures once the deep rock achieves geologic equilibrium.

Silly me. How could there be ANY mess involved with that? Why, it's virtually all natural! It's not scare tactics or hyperbole to observe that that is, perhaps, maybe, a messy process.

Look, if you wanna forum fight, you're gonna have to go find another dance partner. :buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Silly me. How could there be ANY mess involved with that? Why, it's virtually all natural! It's not scare tactics or hyperbole to observe that that is, perhaps, maybe, a messy process.

Look, if you wanna forum fight, you're gonna have to go find another dance partner. :buddies:

No matter....it's something we're going to keep doing more of and indefinitely and it sure is working. :buddies:

MMDad

Lem Putt

small fractures (usually less than 1.0 mm wide) in the deep-rock formations in order to allow natural gas, petroleum, and brine to migrate to the well. When the hydraulic pressure is removed from the well, small grains of hydraulic fracturing proppants (either sand or aluminium oxide) hold open the small fractures once the deep rock achieves geologic equilibrium.

1.0 mm!!!! OMG!!!! That dwarfs any naturally occuring cracks like the San Andreas!!! Quick, put on your tin foil hat, build an ark, and buy a fallout shelter! The end is nigh!!!!

Here you did say "maybe." Maybe is a good word. Much better than "clearly." Glad to see that you have finally agreed with me. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
1.0 mm!!!! OMG!!!! That dwarfs any naturally occuring cracks like the San Andreas!!! Quick, put on your tin foil hat, build an ark, and buy a fallout shelter! The end is nigh!!!!

Here you did say "maybe." Maybe is a good word. Much better than "clearly." Glad to see that you have finally agreed with me. :buddies:

I'm all about making people happy. :buddies: