Franken out?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Anyone tired of all this winning yet? :whistle:

2 gone this week. Still a few days left to get the trifecta. Funny how a claim that was made over & over about the president has somehow changed course and torpedoed the people making the original accusations.

Bill Clinton won't be getting any future awards for a while.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What surprised me was how vigorously he denied yesterday that today's announcement would NOT be his resignation.

Why even bother?

He did say "in coming weeks", which might mean in what 150+ weeks when his term is up.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Did anyone catch where Franken talked about his replacement, he referred to that person as "she"?

Hijinx

He did say "in coming weeks", which might mean in what 150+ weeks when his term is up.

Exactly. He will extend it and extend it until it slowly dies down and he is still there.
In a month from now it will be out of the news and he will still be there.

Pete

Repete
Al Franken is one of the more repugnant Democrats - or politicians in general - so ha ####ing ha ha ha :pointsandlaughs: That would be karma, bitch, biting your ass for you. :dude:
I have a 6 pack of microbrew (non hoppy) that says he backs out of his resignation if Moore is elected. He said "in the coming weeks" so he left himself an out.

Hijinx

I will not believe Franken is leaving until I actually see it.
The man has zero integrity, he will renege on his retirement.
He is just waiting for the water to calm.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a 6 pack of microbrew (non hoppy) that says he backs out of his resignation if Moore is elected. He said "in the coming weeks" so he left himself an out.

I'm not taking that bet. Political acolytes have selective amnesia, and in another 5 minutes or so they'll forget that Franken resigned, and he can just keep on keepin' on.

I don't really care whether he gets gone or not - whoever replaces him will be just as bad, I'm sure. I'm just happy to savor his humiliation.