Free-cycle ad that got me MAD

HillBillyChick

The ad below was posted in freecycle this morning. It really makes me angry that this "wonderful" cat is being discarded....almost makes me hope that the new kitten turns out to be trouble....

"I have a spayed female cat that is 2 years old. She is a wonderful cat, She will
not scratch! My 4 year old picks her up all the time and "Lulu" does not attempt
to get away. She loves catnip! She gets along with our other cat fine, however
we have added a kitten to the household and Lulu hisses at him. She would be
great as an only cat, or with patience one other cat. Pictures are posted!"

ewashkow

I don't understand this either. Some people just don't seem to understand that animals need time to adapt to new situations. I wonder how long these people have had the new kitten?

When I brought my newest cat, Sizzle, home my other cats were jerks to her. Sizzle wasn't allowed to use the litter box, she ate after the others had their fill, etc. After about a week, Sun was fine with her. Shade took about a month to adapt. Now, you would never have known there was a dispute between them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why would you be pissed off because they are trying to find it a home??

At least they didn't just open the door and let if wander the neighborhood.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Shut up, bob :smack:

That is the meanest thing in the world to get rid of your existing pet because it didn't immediately take to a new pet. I hope that kitten poops all over their house and barfs on the bedspread. :mad:

HillBillyChick

Lulu gets along great with their other cat, just not the new one. I get so irritated with people that think pets are disposable.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
My cat just attempted to scratch my eyes out when I tried to put him in the laundry room for the night. It's DR's job and he went to bed. Will try later. I hate that cat.

pilot

When my SO moved in with me, we each had two cats (four cats total). The two females did not get along. One kept bullying the other--wouldn't let her use the litterbox or eat. The bullied cat lost weight to the point where I could count all her ribs.

We tried everything to get them to stop fighting--nothing worked. We finally realized that we just had to keep them separated. We've been doing this for over a year, and everybody is happy now.

Getting rid of a cat is an abolute last resort. If anything these people should get rid of the kitten because kittens are easily adoptable. It's the older cats that have trouble finding homes.

BTW, I adopted my cats when they were older (6 years old), and I'm completely sold on older cats. They're past the destructive stage and you get a chance to see what their personalities are like. These cats are extremely grateful to have a good home. They follow me around the house and snuggle in bed with me at night.

My cat just attempted to scratch my eyes out when I tried to put him in the laundry room for the night. It's DR's job and he went to bed. Will try later. I hate that cat.
Time to eat some chinese food as a warning to that cat.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!

:yeahthat:

You people that go overboard with the animal crap make me want to adopt a half dozen cats just so I can kick them over the fence. But I'm a nice guy so I'll refrain from kicking cats and go kick some random walmart customer instead. :yay:

Aw, poor cat. He/she is a "wonderful" cat that doesn't scratch, loves to be held and gets high :lol: What I don't understand is why they're trying to give up the existing cat and not the new one. It seems to me that since the existing cat gets along with the other cat that's there and has established a home there that he/she should be the cat to stay. Why wouldn't they give away the new kitten? :shrug:

Better yet, why not just give some adjustment time :confused:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Aw, poor cat. He/she is a "wonderful" cat that doesn't scratch, loves to be held and gets high :lol: What I don't understand is why they're trying to give up the existing cat and not the new one. It seems to me that since the existing cat gets along with the other cat that's there and has established a home there that he/she should be the cat to stay. Why wouldn't they give away the new kitten? :shrug:

Better yet, why not just give some adjustment time :confused:

I dunno, but my guess is they like the new cat better. :shrug:

R

Roxy1104

Shut up, bob :smack:

That is the meanest thing in the world to get rid of your existing pet because it didn't immediately take to a new pet. I hope that kitten poops all over their house and barfs on the bedspread. :mad:

:lmao: