Freshwater catches week of 3/7

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Get 'em while you can. Water is starting to warm slightly. Things should start to heat up here pretty good in the next few weeks. Try spinners for the pickerel.

Attachments

• aafb2 005 - Copy.JPG
    aafb2 005 - Copy.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 151
  • aafb2 004 - Copy.JPG
    aafb2 004 - Copy.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 133
  • cc1 001a - Copy.JPG
    cc1 001a - Copy.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 148
  • cc1 007 - Copy.JPG
    cc1 007 - Copy.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 138

limblips

PREMO Member
Headed to Buggs Island Lake on the Va/NC border next week. Got a cabin, wife, cigars, scotch and 2 solid days of fishing. Hoping the crappie action and the channel cats are active. Will submit trip report upon return. No return = no news.

Monello

PREMO Member
Where were you fishing?
I fish all over the place. Mostly in SOMD. Wheatley, St. Mary's lake, bass ponds, calvert cliffs, andrews, myrtle grove. Depends on the day and what I feel like fishing for.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I fish all over the place. Mostly in SOMD. Wheatley, St. Mary's lake, bass ponds, calvert cliffs, andrews, myrtle grove. Depends on the day and what I feel like fishing for.
How is Andrews? I'm working there and want to try it.

Monello

PREMO Member
What did you catch the trout on?
Trout were caught both spin fishing and fly fishing. Lures included castmasters, mepps, super dupers. Flies were mickey finn, flash back nymph, bead head caddis and prince nymph. Weigh the flies down a bit with some split shot.

Monello

PREMO Member
How is Andrews? I'm working there and want to try it.
The lake is full of weeds. You'll have to pick weeds off your lure unless you go weedless. You'll go deaf when they have flight ops. Other than that it's not too bad. Catch & release only. It seems to keep the number of fish available high.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The lake is full of weeds. You'll have to pick weeds off your lure unless you go weedless. You'll go deaf when they have flight ops. Other than that it's not too bad. Catch & release only. It seems to keep the number of fish available high.
What do they have in there? I've had picnic's at the pavilion and learned it was C & R. I'm ok with that and the noise. I saw the grass too.

Monello

PREMO Member
What do they have in there? I've had picnic's at the pavilion and learned it was C & R. I'm ok with that and the noise. I saw the grass too.

Lots of pickerel, some big bass, a few crappie & bluegills and cats. I've seen a couple of huge carp but have never hooked any.