Frustrated

lillyst

I grew up in SOMD and moved away a little more than 5 years ago due to job relocation. Well now my hubby want to move back to the area, but we are having NO LUCK finding GOV jobs there in his field.

So FRUSTRATING!:tantrum

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I grew up in SOMD and moved away a little more than 5 years ago due to job relocation. Well now my hubby want to move back to the area, but we are having NO LUCK finding GOV jobs there in his field.

If you hold a security clearance you should check clearedjobs.com - just a thought.
Monstor.com would help in getting his resume out there.....
Good luck, but why would you want to come back here?! Just kidding.

lillyst

lol...
I have lived all over this country and realize that Maryland was the best place we lived. Close to the city, love the country, amazing seafood....amazing food period. Great schools (for the most part) and a real since of community.

I will check out clearedjobs, never have thought it was a scam! Thanks for the info.

Homer J

Power Chord

What field is he in?

outlawrc

lol...
I have lived all over this country and realize that Maryland was the best place we lived. Close to the city, love the country, amazing seafood....amazing food period. Great schools (for the most part) and a real since of community.

I will check out clearedjobs, never have thought it was a scam! Thanks for the info.

What is your hubby's field?

H

HouseCat

lol...
I have lived all over this country and realize that Maryland was the best place we lived. Close to the city, love the country, amazing seafood....amazing food period. Great schools (for the most part) and a real since of community..
:faint:
Wow...they must have been some pretty bad places.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Taxes have INCREASED since you left

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

For income tax New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are higher than Maryland, which is 4th highest in the nation.

There are 10 states with higher sales tax than Maryland.

Maryland is 13th for property tax.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/335.html

Appletini

Jobless

Going back to the job inquiry, I have a job as of present but I've been looking into other things available in the area, and there seems to be nothing for a recent college graduate unless it's engineering involved. I moved down here because my boyfriend got a job on base and we bought a house, but now I'm feeling quite trapped with very few options of job advancement or change. I already put my resume in to just about every major company down here to alert me if anything should become available in the area. That's the only thing I can suggest doing. Then sit and wait... :coffee:

C

CalvertNewbie

For income tax New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are higher than Maryland, which is 4th highest in the nation.

There are 10 states with higher sales tax than Maryland.

Maryland is 13th for property tax.

:yeahthat: Hubby and I were ecstatic when we saw how much our property tax would be here. We moved from NY, where the property tax ranged from $6500-$11,000 for a 2400 sq ft home on a 1/4-1/2 acre lot in our town. Here we have a 3000 sq ft home on 3 acres and our taxes are about $3500. I'm sure our taxes will go up for as long as we live here but I'll enjoy paying less while we can.

:yeahthat: Hubby and I were ecstatic when we saw how much our property tax would be here. We moved from NY, where the property tax ranged from $6500-$11,000 for a 2400 sq ft home on a 1/4-1/2 acre lot in our town. Here we have a 3000 sq ft home on 3 acres and our taxes are about $3500. I'm sure our taxes will go up for as long as we live here but I'll enjoy paying less while we can.

Same here. 4 acres @ $6500 on Long Island, 5 acres @ $1800 here when I moved in 94, now about $2400. House size up from 1900 to almost 3500.

lillyst

The only state with higher taxes than MD is Massachusetts

Maybe as a state on average, but I was referring to just as far as people I know and what they pay yearly in taxes. I meant that we are paying more than they are. And Massachusetts has the highest? Really? I would think other states before them.