Furniture stores

Chris0nllyn

Looking for a new sofa as the 30+ year old one we have is on her way out.

Any recommendations as far as stores and/or particular brands or models you like?

Looking for a 3 cushion sofa that reclines. I'm tall, so the bigger the better.

TPD

the poor dad

Any recommendations as far as stores and/or particular brands or models you like?

30 years old? My guess is you buy the same brand you have now.

Forkian

Check Value City Furniture in Waldorf. Usually they have good deals and decent quality. Stay away from the Ikea junk. I bought a couch from Ikea once and hauled that POS to the dump in about a year. Many other furniture stores are hit and miss and usually over priced. Unfortunately, I have found that it takes much longer to shop for decent furniture than it does a new car. I will also be looking for a new recliner sofa soon. Let us know what you find. Good luck!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I really like Bassett furniture and they have dealers/ locations all over. Also, you can't beat Value City Furniture prices. Hubby and I recently bought a sectional from them (it's HUGE) for what I consider a pretty good deal. Last week they were offering free delivery.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Doyle's carpet sells a brand called Flexsteel that I liked. The wife didn't like it just because of the name, it didn't sound comfortable. I thought it was the most comfortable out of all we tried.
http://www.flexsteel.com/home-furniture/products/sofas-and-sectionals/sofas/page/all

molly_21

Doyle's carpet sells a brand called Flexsteel that I liked. The wife didn't like it just because of the name, it didn't sound comfortable. I thought it was the most comfortable out of all we tried.
http://www.flexsteel.com/home-furniture/products/sofas-and-sectionals/sofas/page/all

Don't the name fool you. One of my good friends bought some Flexsteel about 30 years ago and the couch is finally starting to show some age to it. Odd name, but some good furniture.

Vince

Don't know who made my couch. Dual recliners and zero wall clearance required. Of course my butt has worn out one spot on it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Don't the name fool you. One of my good friends bought some Flexsteel about 30 years ago and the couch is finally starting to show some age to it. Odd name, but some good furniture.

another endorsement. The only thing I can add is that you get what you pay for. You are not getting 30 years out of discount furniture.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
We love the furniture from Furniture Gallery in PF, we always deal with Jill. We've bought living room and bedroom furniture from them, it's holding up beautifully. We just went in there again a couple of weeks ago, I love that they have so many fabrics to choose from. Find a couch you like and let your wife pick the fabrics for the couch and pillows. :)