Garden ponds

Husband and I finally put this in today! :yahoo: I filled it with water and put the stuff in it to remove the chlorine.

We went to Wentworth's and priced stones to put around it, and found out that will have to wait until payday. :lol:

Do you think it'll be too soon to put fish into it tomorrow?

Speedy70 said:
Husband and I finally put this in today! :yahoo: I filled it with water and put the stuff in it to remove the chlorine.

We went to Wentworth's and priced stones to put around it, and found out that will have to wait until payday. :lol:

Do you think it'll be too soon to put fish into it tomorrow?

Nobody replied, but I got two goldfish in it today. I followed all the procedures to slowly 'introduce' them to the pond water. They've been in there all day and are doing great so far. They're very active so I'm taking that as a good sign.

But I'm having a problem with the fountain attachment staying on the pump. It keeps falling off. :ohwell:

greyhound

Speedy70 said:
Nobody replied, but I got two goldfish in it today. I followed all the procedures to slowly 'introduce' them to the pond water. They've been in there all day and are doing great so far. They're very active so I'm taking that as a good sign.

But I'm having a problem with the fountain attachment staying on the pump. It keeps falling off. :ohwell:

:worthless

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speedy70 said:

Cut the pump down, the thing that attaches to the fountain. Saw it off and make it shorter.

BS Gal said:
Cut the pump down, the thing that attaches to the fountain. Saw it off and make it shorter.

If I make it any shorter, it won't stick out above the water. :lol: It is adjustable and I've got it just barely sticking out now.

I don't think the pump can be turned down.

camily

Peace
Speedy70 said:
It's nothing pretty to look at yet. I have no rocks/stones or plants yet. I'll definitely post pics when it's finished. :yay:
Please, come and take some of my plants! I have soooo many now. They keep multiplying!! Seriously, do you want to come get some?

camily said:
Please, come and take some of my plants! I have soooo many now. They keep multiplying!! Seriously, do you want to come get some?

I might take you up on that. What kind do you have? I'd really like to have some floaters.

I just went and checked on my new 'children'. They made it through the night. :yahoo: I fed them for the first time. It took them a while to discover the food, but they were eating. :yay:

camily

Peace
Speedy70 said:
I might take you up on that. What kind do you have? I'd really like to have some floaters.

I just went and checked on my new 'children'. They made it through the night. :yahoo: I fed them for the first time. It took them a while to discover the food, but they were eating. :yay:
Yeah, they're floating water hyacinths. I bought three and have about 10 now. :faint:

Speedy70 said:

Now you need a frog. :yay:

camily

Peace
Speedy70 said:
Ohhh, are they the pretty purple flowered ones?
Like this. Maybe they will get flowers but mine didn't. I don't know if it matters that it was their first year or if there is a kind that doesn't get flowers.

Attachments

• 1104351110.jpg
    1104351110.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 31

OldHillcrestGuy

Speedy70 said:

Just wait till that water snake comes back around, those little goldfish will make a nice meal. :razz:

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Just wait till that water snake comes back around, those little goldfish will make a nice meal. :razz:

Bite me! :razz:

I just went out and bought a new pump. :jameo: The pump that came with my kit didn't have any kind of filtration, it was just circulating the funky water. So I bought a new and improved one pump. :yahoo: