Gas leak at Census building, scanner info?

Mark_Disfree

Hey,

There is a gas leak at the census HQ building located in Suitland /PG county. Anybody got a link to a good prince georges county scanner?

Thanks

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
OMG, I have some friends who work there. I hope everyone gets out OK. Keep us posted!!!

tes218

OMG, I have some friends who work there. I hope everyone gets out OK. Keep us posted!!!

Right now everyone is being kept inside while Washington Gas repairs the leak. Not sure how much longer it will go on but people are getting antsy as no smoking breaks or cafeteria.

Venn

Wow news travels fast down southern Maryland lol, Its all safe now we are back to our desk either working or playing on the computer lol

tes218

Wow news travels fast down southern Maryland lol, Its all safe now we are back to our desk either working or playing on the computer lol

:howdy:I never had to leave my desk but did take a stroll through the crowd in the hallways.

poster

Right now everyone is being kept inside while Washington Gas repairs the leak. Not sure how much longer it will go on but people are getting antsy as no smoking breaks or cafeteria.

Glad all back to normal but...isn't the rule with gas to evacuate and wait OUTSIDE, you know to avoid being blown up? All it would take is someone to flip a light switch.

tes218

Glad all back to normal but...isn't the rule with gas to evacuate and wait OUTSIDE, you know to avoid being blown up? All it would take is someone to flip a light switch.

:shrug:Not sure how the call was made or where the actual leak was located. I believe it was caused by a construction crew so it may have been away from the actual building. Wonder how far away you would have to be to be safe from the flying glass and debris.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:shrug:Not sure how the call was made or where the actual leak was located. I believe it was caused by a construction crew so it may have been away from the actual building. Wonder how far away you would have to be to be safe from the flying glass and debris.

I would think you have a better chance of getting away from flying glass and debris if you are outside rather than being part of the flying debris. :shrug:

Venn

Yeah I think the crew hit the old gas line between building 3 and 4, my office is in the RDF so we had to clear out all they way past the credit union

belvak

Happy Camper
:howdy:I never had to leave my desk but did take a stroll through the crowd in the hallways.

Yeah I think the crew hit the old gas line between building 3 and 4, my office is in the RDF so we had to clear out all they way past the credit union

I had the bird's eye view until they made us head south!! :lol: The problem was by "Mt. Census" (between where FB3 was and FB4 is). I knew something was up because I saw the FPS guys start blocking off the road. Then, the fire trucks, ambulances, and various police arrived. We didn't start to get too worried till we saw them hustling to evacuate the child care center. Then, we all looked at each other and said, "Hey, we're a whole lot closer than they are!!!"

When we all started smelling gas, they finally came up and told us to vacate. We were listening to the PG fire feed online by this time. We had to sit in some conference room for quite a while until they said it was safe to go back. Oh well, exciting Friday!!! Worst part of the whole thing was that they couldn't have evacuated the entire building if they needed to since all access to and from the parking garages right now is through the North garage and up the roads that were closed off!! What a cluster...

BTW, Venn, I watch over you every day!!! Does that make me your guardian angel? :lmao: