Gay & new to southern Maryland

S

Schizo

Esprix said:
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm a little confused. If a man posted saying he and his wife had just moved to southern Maryland and were looking for a social group to meet new people, would they get the same admonition? I'm not the one that wants to discuss my sexuality - it seems others are determined to, though.

Esprix

Hmm, good point.

Esprix

David said:
If a man posted saying that he and his wife were seeking a "sexually-oriented" social group and then they were jumped on by a few people and subsequently sent 2 ADMIN ALERTS because he didn't like it, then YES, I would admonish him in exactly the same way.

I'm sorry, an LGBT social group is not a "sexually-oriented" social group - it's a group with other LGBT people. Again, if a straight couple said they were looking for a social group to meet other couples, would that make them "sexually-oriented" groups, too?

Nowhere did I say I was looking for anything sexually oriented, yet other people - some rather rudely - took the liberty of berating me anyway, which is why I reported them, assuming that kind of behavior wasn't acceptable on these boards (your guidelines do say "No personal attacks" and repoting posts does include "problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts"). You make it sound like I was incorrect in reading your rules - was I?

At least for the most part people seem to be friendly enough around here. That's good enough for me. :)

Esprix

Esprix said:
Happy to be with my partner, not so happy to have moved here from sunny San Diego, but always gay, happy, and homo. :)

Esprix
You know the guys got something for the girls and the girls got something for the guys. I am not telling you to go back in the closet, althought that wouldn't be a bad idea, but don't expect me to like it and don't advertise it around Southern Maryland. It may not be healthy for you. Just some advice. Where's the Fruitcake lady?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
David said:
Sadly, some of the low-life thugs on here quickly reduced him to a pulp. Why? I guess that's how they make themselves feel better.
And who would do that?

Esprix said:
I'm sorry, an LGBT social group is not a "sexually-oriented" social group - it's a group with other LGBT people. Again, if a straight couple said they were looking for a social group to meet other couples, would that make them "sexually-oriented" groups, too?

Nowhere did I say I was looking for anything sexually oriented, yet other people - some rather rudely - took the liberty of berating me anyway, which is why I reported them, assuming that kind of behavior wasn't acceptable on these boards (your guidelines do say "No personal attacks" and repoting posts does include "problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts"). You make it sound like I was incorrect in reading your rules - was I?

At least for the most part people seem to be friendly enough around here. That's good enough for me. :)

Esprix
You knew what was going to happen the second you typed it out. You were looking for this. :smack:

morganj614

Esprix said:
Thanks for the welcome, but I'm a little confused. If a man posted saying he and his wife had just moved to southern Maryland and were looking for a social group to meet new people, would they get the same admonition? I'm not the one that wants to discuss my sexuality - it seems others are determined to, though.

Esprix

You get to go through the little hazing whether you are straight or gay. Either you can hang or people just slip away............. :howdy:
Welcome to SOMD.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Esprix said:
Heh. You're funny. :) Since my partner and I have been together for several years, have remained monogamous, and have always played safe, I know we don't have anything to worry about - and neither do you as long as you promise not to have sex with us.

You have a weird way of flirting!

Esprix
:giggle:

Welcome. :howdy:

Pushrod

Patriot
Great, a Commifornian! Land of the UnConstitutionalists!! At least your not from SanFreaksisco where you are know longer allowed a gun to defend yourself in your own home, unless your part of the elite ruling class like Diane Fiendstien. Lets hope your not bringing any of that liberal mindset here to SMD, we have been overrun enough already.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pushrod said:
Great, a Commifornian! Land of the UnConstitutionalists!! At least your not from SanFreaksisco where you are know longer allowed a gun to defend yourself in your own home, unless your part of the elite ruling class like Diane Fiendstien. Lets hope your not bringing any of that liberal mindset here to SMD, we have been overrun enough already.
It's Feinstein.

Pushrod

Patriot
RoseRed said:
It's Feinstein.

I was being facetious, and critical. She pushed for this law to disarm the commen folk, yet has her own CCW and carries to protect herself, but I must digress before I'm accused of hijacking this thread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Justanotherjoe said:
I am not telling you to go back in the closet, althought that wouldn't be a bad idea, but don't expect me to like it and don't advertise it around Southern Maryland.
Oh for god's sake. :rolleyes: Get over yourself already. He didn't "advertise" it, he just asked about social groups for gays. What that tells me is that he's not interested in hanging around with people like you, therefore you've got nothing to worry about.

And on a side note, I've always thought that gay bashing was a sign of latent homosexuality. Why else would someone get all bent out of shape over something that doesn't concern them, unless it threatened their own sexuality?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
vraiblonde said:
Oh for god's sake. :rolleyes: Get over yourself already. He didn't "advertise" it, he just asked about social groups for gays. What that tells me is that he's not interested in hanging around with people like you, therefore you've got nothing to worry about.

And on a side note, I've always thought that gay bashing was a sign of latent homosexuality. Why else would someone get all bent out of shape over something that doesn't concern them, unless it threatened their own sexuality?

Good points Vrai :yay: I have met many lesbian women from the area but not any openly gay men. Hence my question regarding gender in the beginning. I hope he and his partner can find some friends with commom interests to do things with.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Esprix said:
The MCC folks are very friendly and helpful and are their own social group on their own, of course, but many of the members aren't from down southern ways (the congregation meets in Annapolis). I'm going to be attending the UU church for the first time this coming Sunday, so we'll see what the folks there have to offer as well.

And why have I opened a can of worms? Does that mean this isn't a very queer-friendly board? I hope not - I'd hate to think I've moved someplace that's going to be intolerant. :(

Esprix
Oh No! Jameo can tell u its OK TO BE GAY. BTW did you notice that every other vehicle is a pick up truck? This is RedNeckville good luck