Geomagnetic Storm Watch for 10-12 MAY

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Boy, I hope this geomagnetic event doesn't effect the voting machines on Tuesday..... darn it....
It’ll be an omen…

Red sky means Trump will win in November.

Green lights will mean the fed raises interest rates again.

No Lights signifies, “Let’s Go Brandon!”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The other is... Space-X Starlink satellites. Are they robust enough to handle a CME of this power?
Apparently, not.

Screenshot_20240511-110306_Starlink.jpg Screenshot_20240511-110232_Starlink.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
After seeing pictures from Solomon's taken at 2:40am, which were gorgeous, I'm setting the alarm to wake myself up in the middle of the night. I hope to see them for myself.
Aw... I checked the weather before bed, at it was supposed to be cloudy all night, so I didn't bother.

Beyond the purty lights…

That storm resulted in power outages in Sweden and damaged transformers in South Africa, NOAA said.

A G5 geomagnetic storm can cause “widespread voltage control problems and protective system problems can occur, some grid systems may experience complete collapse or blackouts,” according to NOAA’s storm scale.

A Level 6 K-index is expected through Saturday evening, which means the storm could impact the power grid at latitudes north of 55 degrees, which is north of the contiguous United States.

GPS systems, satellite navigation and other technologies could also be impacted.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
:jameo: Time to end these Geomagnetic Storms!

Write to your Democratic congressman for common sense legislation against solar flares!

Tax The Sun!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Seems the worst ones, that could have done severe damage, are blasting away now that the area is facing away from Earth.

STRONGEST SOLAR FLARE OF THE CURRENT CYCLE: Yesterday, May 14th (1651 UT), sunspot AR3664 unleashed the strongest solar flare of the current solar cycle--an X8.7-category blast from beyond the sun's western limb. X marks the spot in this image from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory:

X-ray Solar Flares
6-hr max: X2 1438 UT May15
24-hr: X8 1651 UT May14
explanation | more data
Updated: Today at: 1555 UT