Get the State to pave my private driveway

Popster

How about a different solution. Is the drive base solid? We put in large chunks of milllings to form a good base. Packed it down with a loader. Then we brought in approximately 9-10 loads of millings, spread them with our tractor and box blade, and then rented on of those huge vibrating compactors. The millings have just about compacted in 5 years and are like asphalt with a fine layer of stone on top. In areas were we plowed snow this winter and the stones were scraped away it looks like asphalt.

May its time for the neighborhood to get together and spend the money and do it right. The last dump truck load of millings I bought for a project last year cost me $300. They were a bit cheaper back then. I can give you the name of the trucker. My neighbor's son might be able to do the work for you.....

officeguy

Millings work if they are well compacted. If you don't compact them, they wash out easily. If some of the neighbors know their way around a tractor, you can cut down the maintenance cost by buying some implements and doing the maintenance yourself rather than contracting the work.

GregV814

I would like for the state to pave our private road.

I live in Charles county, on a private driveway that has 9 houses. I am interested in finding a way for the state of MD to convert my private road to a public road that is maintained by the state/county. I want for MD to pave my driveway and be responsible for things like pot hole, snow removal, ect..

Does anyone know how to do this?

Call Bernie Sanders.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How about a different solution. Is the drive base solid? We put in large chunks of milllings to form a good base. Packed it down with a loader. Then we brought in approximately 9-10 loads of millings, spread them with our tractor and box blade, and then rented on of those huge vibrating compactors. The millings have just about compacted in 5 years and are like asphalt with a fine layer of stone on top. .

That's pretty much how our driveway was done. Paid AB&H to do it. It's held up well....been about 15 or so years in service.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did most of my driveway, the part that gets the toughest use, just last August. When the boy and I carved away the millings in advance of the trenching machine, we hade to use the pickaxe to break it up. Even at only two inches deep, barring a loose top layer, that stuff was homogenous and tough. Quite happy with it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Did most of my driveway, the part that gets the toughest use, just last August. When the boy and I carved away the millings in advance of the trenching machine, we hade to use the pickaxe to break it up. Even at only two inches deep, barring a loose top layer, that stuff was homogenous and tough. Quite happy with it.
There's a word you don't hear in everyday conversation. You wordsmith you.....