Gift for moms birthday

PeoplesElbow

HELP

I don't know what to get my mom for her birthday, she is 65 and I think already has every candle and basket made as well as every candle holder, throw, afgan, etc.

I'm planning on doing some work on the house for her, do you think buying the materials and showing up with them is a decent gift? I know she really doesn't care what I get her but I just want to get her something nice because she still buys me way too much stuff.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Free materials and labor are always good, imo. Or, if she likes theater or concerts, tickets to a show.

PeoplesElbow

Take her broken treadmill that's stuffed in the front closet to the dump...wait that's my son and what I want for my birthday.

OMG i only wish she wanted her basement cleaned out. Every time I am there I offer, she has every type of exercise machine known to man with clothes hanging off if them. Some of my toys from the 70's and 80's that I would actually like to have had (ebay value!) she tossed long ago, but those big collar polyester shirts are still there.

Tell ya what... my folks are now in their late 80s. There is so much they want to do around the house, and cannot. They are always grateful for any work my brothers and I do for them, help them clean up the yard, paint, fix the driveway, change light bulbs, fix the kitchen cabinet doors, detail their car, and on and on and on.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I am sure whatever you choose to do will be appreciated, even sitting down and talking with your Mom will mean a lot to her. Take every chance you get because one day there will be no more chance. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm planning on doing some work on the house for her, do you think buying the materials and showing up with them is a decent gift?

I think that's a wonderful gift. If you were my son and did that I'd brag you up big time at the Bingo parlor.

Another good one is to take her somewhere, like a vacation. For Monello's bday I took him to Gettysburg for the weekend; my kids took me to New Orleans for my 50th last year. Both were a blast and nice memories instead of some sweater or cologne. :dead:

MarieB

HELP

I don't know what to get my mom for her birthday, she is 65 and I think already has every candle and basket made as well as every candle holder, throw, afgan, etc.

I'm planning on doing some work on the house for her, do you think buying the materials and showing up with them is a decent gift? I know she really doesn't care what I get her but I just want to get her something nice because she still buys me way too much stuff.

I think that is a great gift. Would you be able to show up and start when she isn't going to be home? Not that it's necessary, but perhaps you are looking for that surprise aspect

You said she likes candles. There are scented LED candles now. I get them for my mom because she is afraid to keep candles lit but likes the glow and the scent

PeoplesElbow

I think that is a great gift. Would you be able to show up and start when she isn't going to be home? Not that it's necessary, but perhaps you are looking for that surprise aspect

You said she likes candles. There are scented LED candles now. I get them for my mom because she is afraid to keep candles lit but likes the glow and the scent

Unfortunately can't do that part, she is 7 hrs away and pretty much always home.

Rt235

HELP

Spend the day/weekend with her, do chores and make a wonderful dinner complete with flowers for a centerpiece, a nice card, funny conversation and do all the dishes afterwards.
That would mean the world to her.... Have a good time and take a lot of pictures....