Give me the truth about Great Mills pool!

The pool is clean, the staff is very friendly. The lifeguards are very professional and keep all the swimmers in line (meaning no monkey business or acting out)

A good recreational resource, which at many times is under utilized!!

p.s. they require the lil' ones to wear swim diapers & you have to shower before entering the pool

Bonehead

Hmmmm

I swim a little over 5 miles a week at the GM pool. Never seen it dirty, chlorine is tested every two hours. As for ghetto kids, nope. One summer I did have to tell one SMIB to lay off the cussing at a table near us other than that no worries. Lots of people use it for their kids birthday parties.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Attachments

• tumblr_lgxsuqaA6L1qajmo2o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lgxsuqaA6L1qajmo2o1_500.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47
  • ctasoulglocouch2.png
    ctasoulglocouch2.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 49

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Give me the truth about Great Mills pool!
It’s full of dihydrogen monoxide and you are in grave danger of getting it on you if you go there. Be aware, that dihydrogen monoxide will be everywhere there and it will be damn near impossible to avoid it so you will need to dress appropriately.

Use extreme caution because dihydrogen monoxide has been known to be the cause of thousands of deaths a year and it is almost impossible to prevent all deaths related to dihydrogen monoxide exposure.

ZARA

It’s full of dihydrogen monoxide and you are in grave danger of getting it on you if you go there. Be aware, that dihydrogen monoxide will be everywhere there and it will be damn near impossible to avoid it so you will need to dress appropriately.

Use extreme caution because dihydrogen monoxide has been known to be the cause of thousands of deaths a year and it is almost impossible to prevent all deaths related to dihydrogen monoxide exposure.

:killingme:killingme

SoMDGirl42

haha funny. Not

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Is it any good? Is it safe? Is it clean? Whats the best time and day to go?
I want to take my son swimming and not worry. Thanks for the help.

You do know why (or how) that public pool got there don't you? if not, be mad every time you walk into BJ's!

Safe, clean? You do know it is a PUBLIC pool and it is located in a not-so-good neighborhood. I'd say that says it all! I can guarantee you if it is public, regardless where it is, it is not very clean... if you know what I mean.

If you want a safe and clean swimming experience for your kids, my best suggestion is to rent a room in one of the nicer hotels with a pool. That's what we do!

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
You do know why (or how) that public pool got there don't you? if not, be mad every time you walk into BJ's!

Safe, clean? You do know it is a PUBLIC pool and it is located in a not-so-good neighborhood. I'd say that says it all!

The pool is fine. The getto birds who live in the area don't swim or use the pool. Ever time I have been there the pool has mostly been filled up with kids on the swim team swimming laps.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Is it any good? Is it safe? Is it clean? Whats the best time and day to go?
I want to take my son swimming and not worry. Thanks for the help.

St Mary's College pool is open to the public.. It's (I think) $5 a vist per person swimming or using the fitness facilities.

They have two indoor pools, one olympic sized (or bigger) pool and a warm-up pool.. CBAC and the college use the hell out of the bigger pool, but generally, unless there are lessons going on, the smaller of the two pools is empty.

GREAT location. GREAT facility..

And if your son REALLY likes to swim he can get into the CBAC swim lessons/team..