God Medstar sucks

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
First they send my mom to a place that is not an urgent care place so got turned away, they sent us to right time which has a 7 hrs wait. One of the people in the hot waiting room sounded like they had Covid if anyone ever sounded like it. Finally some how it's safer to ask us to take our masks off to put "better" ones on that don't fit correctly on my big head.

A friend of mine (and a former forumite) was there last night with his mother.

TPD

the poor dad
Can you say chain hospital? My bet is when It became part of the Medstar "chain" is when things started south.

Or the conspiracy theorist in me says "see, our hospitals and urgent cares are over capacity because of 'rona so we got to shut down and mask up again."

Or the mandated vaccines for health care workers has caused enough to quit to put a bottleneck in everything. But that's ok because you know, all the health care works that stayed are safe to be around, regardless if there isn't enough and you die in the lobby!

Take your pick.

mitzi

Pretty sure they aren't supposed to be piled into the lobby either. The hospital is making it impossible to follow covid guidelines that "the experts" tell us we must follow elsewhere.

I wasn't being snarky. Just saying, once you're admitted you can't leave and come back and still be "admitted". You start being charged as in inpatient as soon as you're admitted. Billing, insurance, etc. it wouldn't work. I hope you are better today. Were you ever seen?

PeoplesElbow

I wasn't being snarky. Just saying, once you're admitted you can't leave and come back and still be "admitted". You start being charged as in inpatient as soon as you're admitted. Billing, insurance, etc. it wouldn't work. I hope you are better today. Were you ever seen?
Understood, if I got charged for a room and care for sitting in the lobby there would be hell to pay and I would do my damnedest to get them investigates for insurance fraud.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It isn't just that because the urgent cares had all day waits and it takes two months or more to get a Dr appt. Either we don't have the infrastructure we need or doctors don't want to come here. The admitted patients sitting in the waiting area for hours and hours is what got me.
Patient heal thyself? Any possibility of that?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
MedStar's policy for employees and possible Covid exposure outside of the hospital, is adding to employee shortage right now.

Especially for the unvaccinated, much stricter than if you have the jab.

SugarBear47

I took my adult son to Medstar ER in Leonardtown last month. The service sucked. 4 hour wait in ER room. All rooms were full, 1 actual doctor, 1 head nurse, 1 tech etc...one serious case flown out. We never did see a doctor. My biggest complaint was how filthy dirty our room was....My shoes sticking to the vomity looking floor and furry mold hanging from the ceiling. We left and said never again.

mitzi

And she was correct its horrible anymore more people come and they dont build anything new except for wally marts

I believe that's true. The ER and waiting room is the same size it was when they renovated in the mid 90s. Look how many people have moved here over the past 25/26 years. How many treatment rooms are there, 20? Maybe I've been lucky but the few times I've gone, I didn't think the wait was bad or at least average. I realize you're going to wait. People coming in ambulances go straight back. They have priority. I haven't been over there (knock on wood) for over 3 years.

mitzi

Not any more, dying at home is better than dying in the lobby.

Another thing, during a pandemic they decide to remodel their waiting room so everyone is crammed into the lobby, including people they actually admitted to the hospital but their rooms weren't ready yet. Couldnt they have sent these people home until their room was ready and called them?

The main lobby?

Mavis

I went for a procedure at the OP pavilion. The woman I saw said there was a staff shortage because people had left during covid. She said my results would take longer as there was a backlog. So maybe that is some of the problem.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I took my adult son to Medstar ER in Leonardtown last month. The service sucked. 4 hour wait in ER room. All rooms were full, 1 actual doctor, 1 head nurse, 1 tech etc...one serious case flown out. We never did see a doctor. My biggest complaint was how filthy dirty our room was....My shoes sticking to the vomity looking floor and furry mold hanging from the ceiling. We left and said never again.
Just goes to prove that "Medicine. Health care" is a for-profit business. And what is the largest expense line for any for-profit business/corporation?

Labor. And which expense is often the first to be lowered to make stock holders happy? Labor. Either through outright reduction in personnel, or by reduction of hours worked, below 40 hours per week, which also has the benefit of reducing other expense lines such as reduced leave payments, available sick day payments, health insurance per employee payments, matching FICA payments, etc..

People should start to see the medical community for what they are. Parasites feeding of the continued, often lifetime, treatments of patients, rather than curing them through diet counseling. Because, nearly all inflammation and associated illnesses, are a result of an unhealthy diet. Eliminate all sugar form your diet, including juices such as orange and apple juice as those are pure sugars. Eliminate all refined carbohydrates. Give your pancreas and liver a break. Far too many have insulin resistance and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, which, compromises the immune system, among other things such as arteriosclerosis. Those that consume foods or drinks with High Fructose Corn Syrup, know this; The only organ in the body that can metabolize fructose is the liver. With too much in the diet, the liver stores the excess and becomes fatty, after awhile, it can't hold that fat any longer and then starts to dump fat into the gut, (think of that protruding belly look). That's what non-alcoholic fatty liver disease looks like. And yes, even then, your liver tests will still come back normal.

Patient. Heal thyself. Use doctors, for emergencies only. Eat a natural foods healthy diet.

Reactions: TPD