God Medstar sucks

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Just goes to prove that "Medicine. Health care" is a for-profit business. And what is the largest expense line for any for-profit business/corporation?

Labor. And which expense is often the first to be lowered to make stock holders happy? Labor. Either through outright reduction in personnel, or by reduction of hours worked, below 40 hours per week, which also has the benefit of reducing other expense lines such as reduced leave payments, available sick day payments, health insurance per employee payments, matching FICA payments, etc..

People should start to see the medical community for what they are. Parasites feeding of the continued, often lifetime, treatments of patients, rather than curing them through diet counseling. Because, nearly all inflammation and associated illnesses, are a result of an unhealthy diet. Eliminate all sugar form your diet, including juices such as orange and apple juice as those are pure sugars. Eliminate all refined carbohydrates. Give your pancreas and liver a break. Far too many have insulin resistance and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, which, compromises the immune system, among other things such as arteriosclerosis. Those that consume foods or drinks with High Fructose Corn Syrup, know this; The only organ in the body that can metabolize fructose is the liver. With too much in the diet, the liver stores the excess and becomes fatty, after awhile, it can't hold that fat any longer and then starts to dump fat into the gut, (think of that protruding belly look). That's what non-alcoholic fatty liver disease looks like. And yes, even then, your liver tests will still come back normal.

Patient. Heal thyself. Use doctors, for emergencies only. Eat a natural foods healthy diet.

And exercise or physical labor

SugarBear47

If I may ...

Just goes to prove that "Medicine. Health care" is a for-profit business. And what is the largest expense line for any for-profit business/corporation?

Labor. And which expense is often the first to be lowered to make stock holders happy? Labor. Either through outright reduction in personnel, or by reduction of hours worked, below 40 hours per week, which also has the benefit of reducing other expense lines such as reduced leave payments, available sick day payments, health insurance per employee payments, matching FICA payments, etc..

People should start to see the medical community for what they are. Parasites feeding of the continued, often lifetime, treatments of patients, rather than curing them through diet counseling. Because, nearly all inflammation and associated illnesses, are a result of an unhealthy diet. Eliminate all sugar form your diet, including juices such as orange and apple juice as those are pure sugars. Eliminate all refined carbohydrates. Give your pancreas and liver a break. Far too many have insulin resistance and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, which, compromises the immune system, among other things such as arteriosclerosis. Those that consume foods or drinks with High Fructose Corn Syrup, know this; The only organ in the body that can metabolize fructose is the liver. With too much in the diet, the liver stores the excess and becomes fatty, after awhile, it can't hold that fat any longer and then starts to dump fat into the gut, (think of that protruding belly look). That's what non-alcoholic fatty liver disease looks like. And yes, even then, your liver tests will still come back normal.

Patient. Heal thyself. Use doctors, for emergencies only. Eat a natural foods healthy diet.

Yes all that is true. I agree. But not for my son who is a disabled Veteran. I went through all the required channels with Veterans Affairs to make sure Medstar and affiliates would be paid. My sons leg was swollen and red and I was scared it could be septic or worse. After 4 hours waiting in exam room I ask for an ice pack for his pain. Head nurse brings him a 5"x 5" cold pack which was warm after a few minutes. At that point I took my son out in a wheelchair and reported this to the VA. And btw, I counted room numbers in ER up to 49. Someone commented only 20. But yes we are all responsible for our own health rather then self-destructing. On the other hand look at the big picture the last 2 yrs!

sunshine98

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Can't imagine that will help the staffing shortage.
Not just the hospital staff. It's a pretty wide net they have cast.

MedStar Health is requiring all associates, physicians, residents/fellows, students, Board members, medical staff members and other non-employed credentialed professionals, contractors, volunteers, agency employees, and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment in accordance with our Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Not just the hospital staff. It's a pretty wide net they have cast.

MedStar Health is requiring all associates, physicians, residents/fellows, students, Board members, medical staff members and other non-employed credentialed professionals, contractors, volunteers, agency employees, and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment in accordance with our Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
With the "vaccine" still under the EUA? Since the "approved" "vaccine" Comirnaty, hasn't been manufactured and isn't even in the supply chain yet, everyone can deny consent based solely on the fact they cannot be fully informed as the "vaccine" is still in the trial testing phase. People should start suing because of coercion from employers.

Bayscrapper

If I may ...

With the "vaccine" still under the EUA? Since the "approved" "vaccine" Comirnaty, hasn't been manufactured and isn't even in the supply chain yet, everyone can deny consent based solely on the fact they cannot be fully informed as the "vaccine" is still in the trial testing phase. People should start suing because of coercion from employers.

The pfizer vaccine has full FDA approval moron.

Get over yourself. It's not in the testing phase. Your employer ahs the right to demand you not make them or other employees sick as a condition of your employment.

They would'nt let you come to work with Rabies either.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The pfizer vaccine has full FDA approval moron.

Get over yourself. It's not in the testing phase. Your employer ahs the right to demand you not make them or other employees sick as a condition of your employment.

They would'nt let you come to work with Rabies either.
Damn! You are daft. Since this has been posted previously, here is the key wording within the FDA approval letter:

"On August 23, 2021, having concluded that revising this EUA is appropriate to protect the public health or safety under section 564(g)(2) of the Act, FDA is reissuing the August 12, 2021 letter of authorization in its entirety with revisions incorporated to clarify that the EUA will remain in place for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the previously-authorized indication and uses, and to authorize use of COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) under this EUA for certain uses that are not included in the approved BLA."

So right there, in the FDA's own written word, it spells out that they are indeed extending the EUA for the current experimental COVID "vaccine" in addition to approving the new "vaccine" COMIRNATY, which has yet to be manufactured. There are two separate, and distinct, "vaccines" being addressed in the letter. One is; "Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine" and the second is; "COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA".

Could not be more clear.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't know about Medstar, but Medstar St. Mary's Hospital is a disaster waiting to kill someone.
From the Nazi at the door to the people in the ER and then on the floors.
More "opps" we forgot to... just fill in the blank. Oh, so sorry we left you sitting in a room, sick, waiting for 3 hours.
You can leave if you want. Who gives a crap about why you came there, they triaged you and let you rot.
About the only way to get seen is to go via ambulance.
They have bungled more cases that I know of personally than Joe Biden.
They just have been damn lucky they haven't killed anyone (or anyone of significance)

I don't doubt the people on staff were competent and cared at one point in their career, but I am sure as crap that having to work in that environment has put them off and they are either zombies or embittered employees. Medstar has taken the word "care" out of medicine.
If we had a real journalist, I'd suggest an undercover story on the hospital - doubt they would survive as a patient.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Your employer ahs the right to demand you not make them or other employees sick as a condition of your employment.

Why are you afraid of a disease that is 98% survivable ...

Then that have a ' right ' to demand you STAY HOME Anytime you are sick, you may give others a cold, the flu, mono .... anyone of 100's of diseases that make people sick

Bare-ya-cuda

I don't know about Medstar, but Medstar St. Mary's Hospital is a disaster waiting to kill someone.
More "opps" we forgot to... just fill in the blank. Oh, so sorry we left you sitting in a room, sick, waiting for 3 hours.
You can leave if you want. Who gives a crap about why you came there, they triaged you and let you rot.
They just have been damn lucky they haven't killed anyone (or anyone of significance)

I don't doubt the people on staff were competent and cared at one point in their career, but I am sure as crap that having to work in that environment has put them off and they are either zombies or embittered employees. Medstar has taken the word "care" out of medicine.
If we had a real journalist, I'd suggest an undercover story on the hospital - doubt they would survive as a patient.
Go to Calvert hospital ER then!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Have to say, when I needed the ER at MedStar, I got triaged and treated quickly, and if needed, got a room and treatment very quickly. But the last time I needed a room was back in 2014. More recently I had a good experience, but it was at 2am and there was no one there, and again, it was pre-covid protocols. Sounds like things have changed since then.

I will say that when I needed elective surgery, I went out-of-state and absolutely would do that again.

ginwoman

People probably have died. A lady I know with COVID and very sick...sat at St. Mary's for six hours and was not seen. She walked out. She went to Calvert and was admitted.

Bare-ya-cuda

That's what a lady I know did. She sat in St. Mary's ER for 6 hours very sick with COVID and no one came to see her. She left and went to Calvert and was seen and put in a room for a couple of days.
What’s funny is the Calvert residents come to medstar here in st Mary’s with the same complaints about Calverts hospital. It really boils down to timing no matter which ER you use for how long you will wait. I went to Medstar ER once, I was taken back without a long wait and the waiting room wasn’t packed either. My experience wasn’t bad at all.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What’s funny is the Calvert residents come to medstar here in st Mary’s with the same complaints about Calverts hospital. It really boils down to timing no matter which ER you use for how long you will wait. I went to Medstar ER once, I was taken back without a long wait and the waiting room wasn’t packed either. My experience wasn’t bad at all.
All 3 times I went the St. Mary's ER related to finding and aftermath of the cancer, wait time was not long at all.
This was pre-COVID (April and May 2015, June 2017).
I think it helped that my Doc had me stop by their office for a triage sheet each time.