Good Point and Shoot Camera

nomoney

Looking for opinions on a simple good point and shoot camera. One that is simple, small enough to fit in my pocket while out and about, and that takes great pics.

I have a Kodak easy share now thats about 4 or 5 years old. I've noticed a decline in the pic quality over the last few months. I've had no complaints with that camera and I love the simplicity of it. I'd like something a little smaller to take on trips, etc. but that retains the same pic quality as some of the bigger set ups.

nomoney

Just wondered if you had tried cleaning the lense. Maybe something got on it, like any kind of spray.

oh gee why didn't I think of that.

okay all clean....still want a smaller good camera to take out and about. Any ideas? Whats new and cool out there?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I have a Sony Cyber Shot. Its great, small great pictures...nothing to think about.

Fits in the pocket like a charm...

mommaof2

I got my kids a small canon a couple of years ago. They are not very fancy but they have the zoom capability and are fairly easy to use. They are both canon powershot, one is A590, and I can't remember the other one.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I have a Sony Cyber Shot. Its great, small great pictures...nothing to think about.

Fits in the pocket like a charm...

Is there a delay w/this camera? Does it take pictures of moving things without them being fuzzy? I used to have a Cyber Shot and it was great, but when I upgraded to the next year's version I had an awful time with the delay and the blur. I have a Kodak Easyshare now that's nice, but want to upgrade to a Canon next!

GopherM

Darwin was right
One of the best sites I have found for reviews and recommendations is Digital Camera Reviews Index - TrustedReviews. Besides the providing everything from easy user explainations to tech specs, they also provide an array of photo results from each camera they review. Most often the comparative shots are of the same scenes so it makes it easy to compare camera results.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Is there a delay w/this camera? Does it take pictures of moving things without them being fuzzy? I used to have a Cyber Shot and it was great, but when I upgraded to the next year's version I had an awful time with the delay and the blur. I have a Kodak Easyshare now that's nice, but want to upgrade to a Canon next!
I haven't noticed a delay. And as far as moving pictures, it does fairly well as long as I change the setting, Jameo took pictures with the car moving and they turned out great clear and sharp.

Looking for opinions on a simple good point and shoot camera. One that is simple, small enough to fit in my pocket while out and about, and that takes great pics.

I have a Kodak easy share now thats about 4 or 5 years old. I've noticed a decline in the pic quality over the last few months. I've had no complaints with that camera and I love the simplicity of it. I'd like something a little smaller to take on trips, etc. but that retains the same pic quality as some of the bigger set ups.

How about this one? I have no idea where that first price came from. :lol:

Oops...link would be nice I guess.Canon A600

Last edited: