Good Riddance Berry!!! The crackhead is dead!

FollowTheMoney

The Barry years were fabulous! It was the age of Marion and Jack Kent Cooke. The city was vibrant, was alive and from every quarter. The man engaged everyone, black, white, rich, poor, and was a classic city politician; corrupt as hell and absolutely straightforward about it. He'd do business and in such a way as everyone got a piece and, frankly, it worked. The Redskins were the pride of the city, of everyone. Northern VA, the Maryland suburbs, city people of all backgrounds. It was OUR team. OUR city. Racial harmony was achieved. The money was there to be spread around.
Marion Barry would have made a FAR better first black President than Barack Obama. FAR better and it's because Barry wasn't a bigot like Obama is. Marion made good for 'his' people but, again, he didn't deal anyone out. His summer jobs programs were right out of big time college football; show up, get paid. But, it WORKED.
DC's greatest years were with him as mayor. RIP, bro. :buddies:
I'm a miss him too. What Larry says is true. Love him, hate him, there was always something to talk about. What do we have now? A blah-za boring DC government. DC needs another mover and shaker.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm a miss him too. What Larry says is true. Love him, hate him, there was always something to talk about. What do we have now? A blah-za boring DC government. DC needs another mover and shaker.

I delivered flowers to shops ALL over DC, from the highest rent district of downtown to Brookeville, old Brookeville, not the new yuppified one, to Georgia Ave to right of MLK blvd in Anacostia and those days, every shop, the owner was his or her own little king, especially the black folks and, without exception, as just some white suburban kid delivering flowers, I was treated just fine. The only a holes were out in Montgomery County, the Universal County Seat for A holes. Even when shops would finally find out who I was, we were pals, business buddies, Skins fans, just folks.

This goes for their help, their drivers, the drunks hanging on the corner at the liquor store who would hit you up for whatever you could spare with no menace, no anger when you were broke.

it was a GOOD world. :buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Was hearing the news last night, talking about the turkey giveaway, I'm pretty sure he'll be sainted before 5pm tonight.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Was hearing the news last night, talking about the turkey giveaway, I'm pretty sure he'll be sainted before 5pm tonight.

Wonder who paid for those turkeys, I doubt it came out of his pocket.

Barry was a typical democratic politician, a corrupt POS who spent other peoples money as if it was his own.