Good Samaritans Burning Car

NOTSMC

Thank you for posting something good today! It's a nice change and good reminder that not everything is politics and hoodlums.
Thanks for noticing Rio! Just came back to "check" on it and noticed it's been pushed to bottom by things to bitch about and politics. Oh well thought it was worth a try. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The reason we don't talk incessantly about good things (except for what we had for dinner) is because there are no discussion/debate points. People go, "Oh, that's nice!" and move on because what else are you going to say? It doesn't arouse passion. There's nothing in it to talk about. No deeper meaning.

I enjoy Becky's posts in the Religion forum, but some days she doesn't post anything worthy of discussion and some days she does.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The reason we don't talk incessantly about good things (except for what we had for dinner) is because there are no discussion/debate points. People go, "Oh, that's nice!" and move on because what else are you going to say? It doesn't arouse passion. There's nothing in it to talk about. No deeper meaning.

I enjoy Becky's posts in the Religion forum, but some days she doesn't post anything worthy of discussion and some days she does.

I'm sure with enough encouragement we could get Sappy in here to condemn the injured parties for being selfish and inconsiderate, pumping all that soot and Carbon Monoxide into the atmosphere and ushering in Global-Warming-Change to kill the planet and destroy Gretas dreams again! :sshrug:

NOTSMC

Good on them people. I've thought about an impossible situation of something like that happening.
Pretty amazing wasn't it? It made me think of safety things that could be carried in a vehicle just in case. Like can a fire extinguisher be safely carried in a car? Is there a particular kind of extinguisher needed to put out a car fire? What about things like scissors that will cut through safety belts, tools designed to break a car window? I have seen cars on fire before (not to that extreme) but there was always enough people around and I had nothing to offer so....what if I did? Must be really cool to participate in saving someone's life.

WingsOfGold

Pretty amazing wasn't it? It made me think of safety things that could be carried in a vehicle just in case. Like can a fire extinguisher be safely carried in a car? Is there a particular kind of extinguisher needed to put out a car fire? What about things like scissors that will cut through safety belts, tools designed to break a car window? I have seen cars on fire before (not to that extreme) but there was always enough people around and I had nothing to offer so....what if I did? Must be really cool to participate in saving someone's life.
If driver was hopelessly trapped inside what can one do? Hand them a pistol?

• Haha

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If driver was hopelessly trapped inside what can one do? Hand them a pistol?
Reminds me of the accident at Golden Beach Road and Route 5 a few years ago.

Cut the car in half and set it ablaze with the occupants trapped in it.

• Wow

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pretty amazing wasn't it? It made me think of safety things that could be carried in a vehicle just in case. Like can a fire extinguisher be safely carried in a car? Is there a particular kind of extinguisher needed to put out a car fire?
Yes, a B and C rated extinguisher.
What about things like scissors that will cut through safety belts, tools designed to break a car window?
Better to get one of those tools designed for glass breaking and seat belt cutter. Like these - Amazon product store them where you can reach them quickly if needed.
I have seen cars on fire before (not to that extreme) but there was always enough people around and I had nothing to offer so....what if I did? Must be really cool to participate in saving someone's life.
Wouldn't say its "cool" it has more to do with your mindset, do you watch or do you help. Some people run in to the fire, others run from it. Not a judgement, just a fact.

NOTSMC

Yes, a B and C rated extinguisher.

Better to get one of those tools designed for glass breaking and seat belt cutter. Like these - Amazon product store them where you can reach them quickly if needed.

Wouldn't say its "cool" it has more to do with your mindset, do you watch or do you help. Some people run in to the fire, others run from it. Not a judgement, just a fact.

I would hope that I'd have the courage to help. Cool was a poor choice of words. There's only a few things that I've ever done in my life that are noteworthy in my mind. Being a part of saving someone's life would be a humbling experience but tickle me pink at the same time. Thanks for the tips - good advice.

BOP

Well this moved me to tears this morning

Mr. Rogers quote...lol...nice touch
I saw the subject line and thought this was about some young scholars having yet another mostly peaceful protest or something. I mean, we are getting close to riot season...er, I mean Juneteenth.

NOTSMC

I saw the subject line and thought this was about some young scholars having yet another mostly peaceful protest or something. I mean, we are getting close to riot season...er, I mean Juneteenth.
That must explain why you "loved" my post!

TPD

the poor dad
Reminds of a Seinfeld episode - the Good Samaritan law - why would anyone stop and help the fat guy?