PREMO Member
ofc he was

never a question ....... woe this country when the Dems are back in power

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:rolleyes:

Such a pointless waste of time, all that Dem blathering and pontificating. We all knew that Gorsuch would be confirmed - there was no reason why he wouldn't be. If these people were serious, they would have taken two seconds to vote and confirm, then moved on to more pressing concerns.

This_person

:rolleyes:

Such a pointless waste of time, all that Dem blathering and pontificating. We all knew that Gorsuch would be confirmed - there was no reason why he wouldn't be. If these people were serious, they would have taken two seconds to vote and confirm, then moved on to more pressing concerns.

It would seem that, as the party that first nuked the filibuster for other nominations, they are more than happy having the filibuster nuked for all nominations.

Since there was a procedural way around it, it would seem the R's are happy with this outcome as well (the high 5's kind of show that, too).

black dog

Free America
Yep... How much money did all this dicking around cost the taxpayers?
More folks need to get voted out next election.

Hijinx

Yep... How much money did all this dicking around cost the taxpayers?
More folks need to get voted out next election.

IMO the main character in this filibuster was Chuck the Schmuck. but his position is assured.
Ne York loves to elect a-holes.

Hijinx

So.much.winning! :yahoo:

I don't really call this a win.
It is sad that a few in the Democrat leadership forced the others to join them in voting against their conscience.
You see I do feel that there were Democrats who wished to vote for Gorsuch , but were frightened by promised retribution from a-wipes like Chuck the Schmuck.
This was a sorry way to win, but made necessary by the idiotic retribution for not voting for Obama's recommendation.

This does not help America and shows the shortsighted policies of the democrats who instigated the Nuclear option in the first place.

IMO Chuck Schumer is bad for America.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't really call this a win.
It is sad that a few in the Democrat leadership forced the others to join them in voting against their conscience.
You see I do feel that there were Democrats who wished to vote for Gorsuch , but were frightened by promised retribution from a-wipes like Chuck the Schmuck.
This was a sorry way to win, but made necessary by the idiotic retribution for not voting for Obama's recommendation.

This does not help America and shows the shortsighted policies of the democrats who instigated the Nuclear option in the first place.

IMO Chuck Schumer is bad for America.

Gorsuch is now one of the SCOTUS Justices. I consider *that* a win.

Hijinx

All of those political aholes are bad for America. When your loyalty is to a political party before anything else - that's some scary ####, man.

I can't disagree with that. They live like kings, and all they think about is gaining more power.
That is not what they are elected to do. Too many lawyers and rich people .
We need more Joe the plumbers.
More home makers.
More American patriots.

Less career politicians.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I can't disagree with that. They live like kings, and all they think about is gaining more power.
That is not what they are elected to do. Too many lawyers and rich people .
We need more Joe the plumbers.
More home makers.
More American patriots.

Less career politicians.

Back to what it was supposed to be when the Constitution was written… Come to Washington to do the federal business and go back home to your job and responsibilities.

Make the paychecks zero and they'll have to figure out someway to earn a living. Just be sure to have them under constant scrutiny to avoidletting them do it through forms of graft.